‘Tanwar’, as the Indians call it, Tenner’s cassia is quite a well- known shrub. By virtue of the tree’s bark having one of the most valuable of Indian tans containing tannin, it is called Tanner’s Cassia.
CHARACTERISTICS OF TANNER’S CASSIA
Tanner’s Cassia grows upto 30 to 60 cms in height, it’s stem is brown in colour and is round, hard and strong with many branches. The plant’s leaves are yellowish green and flowers, bright yellow. Rather, beautiful, the fruits of Tanner’s Cassia contain 7 to 10 seeds each which are also known to have a cooling effect. However, the petals of this plant are slightly astringent in taste.
THERAPEUTIC POWERS OF TANNER’S CASSIA
The bark of Tanner’s Cassia is beneficial in stopping bleeding and other secretions. It’s completely non-poisonous leaves, although containing some quantity of mucilage and foul to taste, are invigorating and spread a feeling of freshness. They also aid in restoring disorderly processes of nutrition. By infusing them in water, a rejuvenating cool drink can also be made from the leaves of Tanner’s Cassia.
CARE FOR AILMENTS
Tanner’s Cassia is advantageous in relieving various illnesses. Some of the ailments that can be relieved by the plant are mentioned below:
- Diabetes– Tenner’s cassia is beneficial for diabetics. A decoction of the whole plant or buds can be used to relieve diabetes. The powder of the plant can also be mixed with honey and proves effective for patients suffering from the disease.
- Conjunctivitis– The outer layer of the plant’s seeds can be removed and made into a fine powder. This powder can serve as dusting powder when relieving conjunctivitis.
- Sore Throat- The bark of Tanner’s Cassia is a very good option for using as a gargle and soothes the throat in case it is sore.
- Menstruation– The herb is very beneficial in regulating the menstrual cycle. The flowers and buds of Tanner’s Cassia can be used as passerines to avoid excessive bleeding during menstruation.
- Ophthalmia– The seeds of Tanner’s Cassia should be crushed into a fine powder and blown into the eyes of a patient suffering from purulent ophthalmia – that is, inflammation of the eye or conjunctiva. An ointment prepared from them and oil can also be applied to the affected eye.
PLANET AYURVEDA PRODUCTS THAT USE THIS HERB
At Planet Ayurveda, Tanner’s Cassia is used while manufacturing a variety of products for different sicknesses. Mentioned below is one product for diabetics:-
Planet Ayurveda manufactures an array of Ayurvedic medicines for different diseases Be it the common cold or liver and kidney diseases, we have medicines for different ailments. Our vegetarian products are made with 100 percent natural ingredients. Our organization aims at providing good quality herbal supplements to people across the world.