The narrow leaved Echinacea Angustifolia is a herbaceous plant that belongs to the Asteraceae species. This plant grows up to the height of 40 to 70 cm (16-28 inches) tall and has spindle shaped roots that are branched. Both the steam and the leaves of the plant are having hair on it. This growth can be dense or moderate depending on the climatic conditions.
Many Native Americans use the Echinacea Angustifolia for medicinal purposes like pain relief, cold and toothaches.
CHARACTERISTICS OF ECHINACEA ANGUSTIFOLIA
The Echinacea Angustifolia blooms in spring up till mid of summer. It is in prairies and is majorly found in 2 species. Echinacea Angustifolia is native to New Mexico and South of Louisiana. E.a.strigosa is limited to the region of Oklahoma, Louisiana and Texas.
The common names of Echinacea Angustifolia are American coneflower and Black Susans. The other popular species of the plant are E. palida, E. purpura and E. angustifolia.
This perennial herb has narrow leaves and stout stem. The plant has a single and colorful flower head. The taste is acrid and pungent when chewed. It leads to a tingling sensation in the lips and tongue.
THERAPEUTIC POWERS OF THE HERB
During the 1800s people claimed that this herb was a blood purifying agent and can help to relieve the problem of dizziness as well as bites from the rattlesnake. In early 20th century the extracts of the medicinal herb was used as an anti infective agent and is still being used in the modern herbal science.
The plant extracts continue to be used to relieve wounds and stimulate the immune system of a person. The major function of the medicinal herb till date is as an immuno- stimulant.
The Echinacea Angustifolia contains pungent chemical compounds like echinacein and a isobutylamide. The plant also contains alkamides and ketones.
CARE FOR AILMENTS
The major ailments that the Echinacea Angustifolia aids in relieving are:
- Immune system stimulation and improvement
- Used for people suffering from respiratory disorders
- Patients who suffer from tumoural growths are also prescribed this medicinal herb
- Enzyme stimulation
- Infections can be relieved by using this herb
- Tuberculosis management through the use of the herb has been done for centuries
- Herbalists prescribe this herb to relieve leucosis and AIDS as well
- Acne management packages offered by herbalists include this plants extract
- Erysipelas and Gangrenous conditions can also be relieved
- Diphtheria is a common disease and its management includes this herb
- Tonsillitis and Sores
- Cancer and measles management uses the Echinacea Angustifolia extract. During chemotherapy this herb is used widely by herbalists.
- Mumps and Chickenpox affects youngsters majorly. This herb is used to relieve it
- Insect bites and cold
- The fresh juice of Echinacea Angustifolia helps in relieving wounds, relieve boils and to fight infections.
SAFETY AND PRECAUTIONARY TIPS FOR USING THIS HERB
The Echinacea Angustifolia products are adulterated with another similar member of the same family called Parthenium Integrifolium L. It is better to be aware of this additive even though it has no proven pharmalogical activity.
PLANET AYURVEDA PRODUCTS THAT USE THIS HERB
Presently we do not have any product that contains the herb Taraxacum Offuinale. However, the best substitute for the same from the house of Planet Ayurveda is the Indian Echinacea capsules.
We at team Planet Ayurveda are committed to provide the best products to our customers. Our teams of experienced herbalists are continuously researching on herbs that can help in relieving diseases with the help of natural products. We have researched and set high quality standards for the products we recommend to our customers. We do not compromise on any important health parameter. Our products are purely vegetarian and do not contain any chemical or preservative. The ingredients we use to formulate the Planet Ayurveda certified products are made from organic ingredients only. We wish and pray that everybody lives a naturally healthy life.