EFFECTIVE HERBS AND HERBAL SUPPLEMENTS FOR WINTER CARE
|1.||Giloy Capsules||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|2.||Vikramprash||1 Pack (500 gm)|
|3.||Saffron-Almond Body Butter||1 Pack (100 gm)|
|4.||Panchashakti Asav||1 Bottle (450 ml)|
|5.||Arjun Tea||1 Pack (125 gm)|
Winter care pack is especially made up for care during winters. In winters our body may suffer from a lot of skin problems like our skin become dry, our hairs and scalp also acquire problems like dryness, dandruff, itchiness and even hair-fall. Some people may suffer from cracked feet, corns and other problems of feet that occur due to dryness and roughness. In winters our immunity also loose down and we suffer from various infections. It is must for all to keep your immunity boost up and must follow a routine regimen for keeping you fit and fine in winters. Here we are providing you with a complete care pack for winters which will keeps you away from all such issues that you are facing in winters. Let’s have a look on some issues that people face in winters and how to get rid of those problems.
SOME COMMON HEALTH ISSUES DURING WINTERS
Here we are going to discuss some common health problems faced by people during winters:
- Flu – Flu is a common problem that occurs during winters. Winter season is commonly known as the flu. During this season immunity levels drop down and people are more vulnerable to having flu caused by a virus spreading through air.
- Dry skin – It is also the most common and major health concern faced by people in winters. Dry and dull face, cracked heels, dry and patchy lips. All these skin related issues are faced by people commonly in winters.
- Asthma – In cold weather asthma gets triggered by allergies. As in cold air a lot of allergens are there. So in the winter season on inhalation of allergens people face asthma problems more than other seasons.
- Joint pain – This is another common concern in the winter season. Joint pain is most commonly seen in the patients of arthritis as with fall of temperature joint pain gets triggered and mobility also gets restricted.
- Depression – It seems to be quite annoying that in winters people face depression but it’s true some people feel stressed and even get associated with other problems that are triggered with stress.
- Heart problems – Heart problems are more common in winters as due to cold temperature blood pressure rises and leads to problems in heart pumping which in turn hampers the functioning of the heart.
HOME REMEDIES FOR WINTER CARE
Pyorrhea is characterized by the following symptoms:
For keeping Skin Healthy
- Coconut Oil –
Decrease in fatty acids results in dry skin. Coconut oil is an enriched source of fatty acids so it helps in providing you smooth and glowing skin. Massage with this oil over dry skin and leave it overnight. This will help you in repairing your dull and dry skin.
For Boosting Immunity
- Citrus fruits – Citrus fruits like lemons, grapefruits, oranges are enriched with vitamin C. It is very beneficial in promoting immunity and hence prevents you from several infections by boosting the production of white blood cells. So add citrus fruits in your diet to prevent you from several infections.
- Keep hydrated – In winters we usually drink less amount of water and dehydration occurs in most of the cases that leads to dry and dull skin, hairs and scalp along with that it also makes you capable of suffering from a lot of diseases. As water is essential for producing lymph that plays a major role in carrying white blood cells and other immune cells. So keeping yourself hydrated will help you boost immunity and keeps you healthy during winters.
- Some herbs –
- Garlic – It prevents you from cold and cough, boosts respiratory health, also promotes skin health and prevents you from heart diseases.
- Ginger – It improves blood circulation that may hamper due to cold climate and also keeps you warm during winters. It usually provides good digestion health so adding ginger in your diet will help in promoting your good health.
- Turmeric – In winters people usually suffer from pain and inflammation issues. Turmeric consists of curcumin which helps in lowering this pain and inflammation by pacifying vata and kapha dosha. All these herbs promote general health that will boost up your immunity.
- Some whole foods – Whole foods include several vitamins and minerals that help in boosting your immunity. Whole food includes- nuts, grains, seeds and a superfood like mushroom.
AYURVEDIC REMEDIES FOR WINTER CARE BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda provides you with a winter care pack for keeping you healthy and disease free in winters. This is a pack extraordinarily made by planet ayurveda to get rid of all problems coming during winters. All these are herbal remedies and formulate under the guidance of M.D. ayurveda practitioners. These herbal formulations are free from any kind of synthetic materials that will harm you. So feel free this winter to add on these herbal remedies to your daily routine and have healthy winters. This pack includes five herbal formulations; let’s have a look at these five herbal formulations.
LIST OF MEDICATIONS IN WINTER CARE PACK
- GILOY CAPSULES
- SAFFRON-ALMOND BODY BUTTER
- PANCHSHAKTI ASAV
- ARJUN TEA
1. GILOY CAPSULES
These capsules are considered as a wonderful remedy for winters as it consists of the wonderful herb giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) that is known as amrita in the world of ayurveda. Amrita means immortality- the quality or state of living forever. In winters cough, cold, fever, heavy head, certain types of infections reach towards you but these capsules helps you prevent all such problems by boosting up your immunity levels. If you add these capsules throughout the winters then it helps you prevent all the diseases as well. So add on these herbal capsules to your day to day life for having great and healthy winters.
DOSAGE: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
It is a great herbal remedy for winters that keeps you away from infection and boosts up your immunity in a healthy way. It consists of a number of ingredients which helps in providing you a healthy life during winters.
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR BENEFITS
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos) – It is best for digestion problems as it helps in relieving constipation. It helps in preventing diabetes by lowering the blood sugar levels and also it helps in producing insulin in the body that will help in maintaining the blood glucose levels.
- Agnimantha (Premna mucronata) – It is good analgesic and anti-inflammatory as it pacifies the vata and kapha dosha, so due to vata dosha pacification it helps in relieving pain and due to the pacification of kapha dosha it helps in relieving the inflammation in the body.
- Shyonak (Oroxylum indicum) – It is a great herb against cancer as it possesses anti-metastatic properties and cytotoxic properties.
- Kashmarya (Gmelina arborea) – It helps in promoting blood production and is helpful in bleeding problems.
- Patla (Sterospermum suyeolens) – It provides great cardiac supporting properties.
- Shalparni (Desmodium gangeticum) – This herb acquires such properties that help in managing the temperature of the body. Beside this it is a great bronchodilator and anti-inflammatory properties that helps in relaxing the respiratory passage and prevents bronchitis like respiratory problems.
- Prishnaparni (Uraria picta) – This herb acquires aphrodisiac properties along with that it possesses great expectorant properties that help in promoting the sputum secretion and helps in clearing the air passage that used to treat the cough.
- Mashparni (Teramnus labialis) – This herb includes a number of nutrients, minerals and all such elements that provides great strength to the body and helpful in eliminating general debility of the body.
- Mudgaparni (Phaseolus trilobus) – It improves the low digestive power and provides relief from all the digestion related issues like gastritis, diarrhea and burning sensation.
- Bala – Bala includes rejuvenating properties that boost up your immunity and provides you longevity.
- Pippali (Long pepper) – This herb promotes weight loss by eliminating toxins from the body and by reducing fat from the body.
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) – Gokshura is a miracle herb for boosting up the libido and also provides women with good health.
- Shringi (Pistacia chinensis) – It provides anti-microbial properties that will help in preventing infections.
- Bhumiamalki (Phyllanthus niruri) – It provides great hepato-protective properties that cures your liver from diseases. It also lowers the production of gastric acid and protects the inner lining of the stomach from ulcers.
- Draksha (Vitis vinifera) – It is anti-ageing in nature as it includes antioxidant properties that lower down the free radicals from the body and slows down the aging process.
- Jivanti (Leptadenia reticulata) – Jivanti is a great herb for the brain; it increases memory and also boosts up immunity. So it provides good health and vigor.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) – Haritaki promotes best health with improving overall digestion and also boost up stamina and sexual health.
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) – Guduchi is known with the name of amrita, which means the herb that provides longevity. It is known with its great rasayana properties that mean it is a great rejuvenator that slows down the aging process and provides you good and long living health.
- Shati (Curcuma zedoaria) – It is helpful in improving cardiac, digestive as well as respiratory health.
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus) – This herb promotes gut health and in women it is helpful in maintaining the reproductive system.
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) – It is a great diuretic that prevents kidney damage.
- Ela (Elettaria cardamomum) – Ela is good for treating indigestion problems and also it is good anti-emetic.
- Utpal (Nymphaea alba) – It is helpful in preventing urinary tract problems.
- Vidarikand (Pueraria tuberosa) – It is helpful in skin rejuvenation and provides glow to the skin.
- Vasaka (Adhatoda vasica) – It is known as a good expectorant in ayurveda. Due to this property it provides you with good breathing health.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) – Ashwagandha provides you with great muscle strength, boosts up immunity, great nervine tonic and has anti-ageing properties.
- Shveta musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum) – This herb is known for enhancing libido by promoting testosterone levels.
- Kali musli (Curculigo orchioides) – This helps in promoting liver health by helping in liver detoxification and also helps in nourishing due to its rejuvenating properties.
- Varahi kand (Dioscorea bulbifera) – This herb is beneficial for maintaining gut flora and prevents digestion problems.
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) – It helps in promoting female health as well as promoting the overall strength in both men and women.
- Mandukaparni (Centella asiatica) – It is a wonderful nervine tonic that promotes your brain functioning and makes your brain sharp.
- Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) – Manjishtha helps in blood purifying and promotes overall good liver functions.
- Petha (Benincasa hispida) – It pacifies pitta dosha and prevents conditions such as gastritis.
- Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus) – It purifies and detoxifies the blood so it is helpful in preventing skin problems.
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) – Brahmi is a wonderful tonic that provides healthy brain health and promotes cognitive factors.
- Amalaki (Embilica officinalis) – Amalaki is a miraculous rejuvenator that promotes overall health and is also especially known for promoting eye health.
- Go ghrita (clarified butter) – It is beneficial in preventing all psychological and lifestyle disorders.
- Til tel (Sesamum indicum) – It has wonderful anti-inflammatory properties and also it is cardio-supportive.
- Madhu (Honey) – It prevents you from all the winter issues like cough, common cold, sore throat and all the problems that occur in winters.
- Vanshlochan (Bambusa arundinacea) – It is a wonderful remineralising agent that helps in preventing osteo-arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis like conditions.
- Pipali (Piper nigrum) – It relieves respiratory problems and even prevents menstruation in women.
- Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanica) – Dalchini is beneficial for the heart so provides you with a healthy heart and along with that it provides you with anti-cancer properties.
- Tejpatra (Cinnamomum tamala) – Tejpatra is useful in preventing digestion issues along with being heart-friendly.
- Nagkeshar (Mesua ferrea) – It includes deepan (appetizer) and pachan (digestion) properties so it supports good digestion and prevents digestion problems.
- Mishri (Sugar) – It promotes digestion as well as helps in curing all ailments that commonly occur in winters like cold, cough, etc.
- Jal (water) – It is the essential need of every person and helps in keeping you hydrated. So overall these ingredients make vikramprash capable of preventing you from all the health problems.
DOSAGE: 2 teaspoonfuls twice daily with milk or lukewarm water.
3. SAFFRON-ALMOND BODY BUTTER
This is a herbal body butter that prevents your skin from damage in winters. This herbal body butter consists of several natural ingredients that soothes your skin, keeps it hydrated and provides you smooth and healthier skin.
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR BENEFITS
- Shea butter (Vitellaria paradoxa) – Shea butter helps in boosting skin moisture along with that it soothes any kind of skin problems due to its pitta pacifying properties. It also heals dry and rough skin by pacifying vata dosha. Also it has a great tendency of providing an anti-ageing effect to the skin.
- Almond oil (Prunus dulcis) – It reduces dark circles under eyes, improves skin tone and complexion, also treats dry skin and improves acne conditions, prevents skin from UV rays. Almond oil provides good benefits of reducing scars.
- Saffron extract (Crocus sativus) – It is helpful in reducing hyperpigmentation and provides an even skin tone and also prevents damage of UV rays.
- Sunflower seed oil (Helianthus annuus) – This oil includes vitamin E and has an antioxidant property that provides wrinkle free skin.
- Olive fruit oil (Olea europaea) – It repairs the damaged skin cells and strengthens the skin’s tonicity and prevents skin aging.
- Vitamin E – It prevents skin damage and provides smooth and even skin tone.
- Moyes, ginol, DM fluid, dry flo, iscaguard PEG, DM water – All these ingredients help in formulating saffron-almond body butter.
Directions To Use – Apply this body butter all over the body and then do a little massage. For great results apply it two times a day.
4. PANCHSHAKTI ASAV
These capsules contain only one herb- neem (Azadirachta indica). Use of neem As the name suggests panch means five and shakti means strength. So this asav consists of five herbal remedies that provide you with strength and keep you healthy.
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR BENEFITS
- Ashwagandha arisht – This arishta consists of 29 ingredients- ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), safed musli (Chlorophytum tuberosum), vidarikand (Pueraria tuberosa), arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia), mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), haldi (Curcuma longa), nagarmotha (Cyperus rotundus), daru haldi (Berberis aristata), nishoth (Operculina turpethum), rasna (Pluchea lanceolata), badi harad (Terminalia chebula), vacha (Acorus calamus), chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica), rakta chandan (Pterocarpus santalum), shweta chandan (Santalum album), krishan sariva (Ichnocarpus frutescens), safed sariva (Hemidesmus indicus), dhatki pushpa (Woodfordia fruticosa), priyangu (Callicarpa macrophylla), dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), badi elaichi (Amomum subulatum), tejpatra (Cinnamomum tamala), shunthi (zingiber officinale), kali maricha (Piper nigrum), pippali (piper longum), nagkesar (Mesua ferrea), madhu (honey) and water for decoction.
If you feel tired all the time this arisht is the solution for you. This arisht treats all your dullness, sluggishness and provides strength to your muscles. This also has great nervine properties that cure you from any psychiatric problem. It is also helpful in digestion as well by providing strength to your digestive fire. Along with that it is also a great vajikarna (improves sexual power). Overall it maintains your whole health and is regarded as rasayana (delaying aging and prevents you from several health problems).
- Arjuna arisht – Arjuna arisht consists of 6 ingredients- arjun (Terminalia arjuna), munnaka (Vitis vinifera), mahua (Madhuca longifolia), gur (saccharum officinarum), dhataki pushpa (Woodfordia fruticosa) and water. This formulation mainly helps in preventing you from heart diseases by providing strength to the heart muscles and also promotes proper heart functioning. It provides you with deepan and pachan properties that is a great appetizer and digestive properties. Beside this it reduces the kapha and helps in clearing the airway hence prevents asthma like breathing problems.
- Draksha asav – Draksha asav consists of 18 ingredients- munakka (Vitis vinifera), ber mool tvak (Ziziphus mauritiana), supari (Areca catechu), lavang (Syzygium aromaticum), javitri (Myristica fragrans), jaiphal (Myristica fragrans), badi elaichi (Amomum subulatum), tejpatra (Cinnamomum tamala), sonth (Zingiber officinale), kali maricha (Piper nigrum), pippali (Piper longum), nagkeshar (Mesua ferrea), mastagi (Pistacia lentiscus), dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), akarkara (Anacyclus pyrethrum), dhatki pushpa (Woodfordia fruticosa), sugar and water. It provides overall good health by improving immunity, promoting digestion, preventing respiratory conditions, increasing appetite, and preventing physical weakness. Along with that it is very beneficial in promoting women’s health.
- Kumaryasav – Kumaryasav consist of several ingredients such as- gwar patha (Aloe barbadensis), sonth (Zingiber officinale), pippali (Piper longum), kali maricha (Piper nigrum), loha bhasma (calx of iron), dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), badi elaichi (Amomum subulatum), lavang (Syzygium aromaticum), nagkeshar (Mesua ferrea), tejpatra (Cinnamomum tamala), pippali mool (Piper nigrum), gaj pippali (Scindapsus officinalis), chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica), vaividang (Embelia ribes), chavya (Piper retrofractum), dhaniya (Coriandrum sativum), hapusha (Juniperus communis), kutki (Picrorhiza kurroa), mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), shatapushpa (Anethum graveolans), nagarmotha (Cyperus rotundus), safed punarnava (Trianthema portulacastrum), safed supari (Areca catechu), rasna (Pluchea lanceolata), haridra (Curcuma longa), devdaru (Cedrus deodara), badi harad (Terminalia chebula), bahera (Terminalia bellerica), amla (Emblica officinalis), marorphali (Sansevieria zeylanica), danti (Baliospermum montanum), pushkar mool (Inula racemosa), kaunch beej (Mucuna prurita), bala, gangadi (Grewia tenax), atibala (Abutilon indicum), gokshur (Tribulus terrestris), akarkara (Anacyclus pyrethrum), lodhra (Symplocos racemosa), punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), saunf (Foeniculum vulgare), swarn makshik (Copper pyrites), utanjan beej (Blepharis persica), dhatki pushpa (Woodfordia fruticosa), gur (Saccharum officinarum), daruhaldi (Berberis aristata), madh and water. It helps in management of good digestion due to its pachan (digestion) and deepan (appetizer) properties. It prevents you from urinary problems and breathing issues due to its vata and kapha pacifying properties. In women it is helpful in promoting reproductive health.
- Lohasav – Loh asav consists of 15 ingredients- loha bhasma (calyx of iron), sonth (Zingiber officinale), kali maricha (Piper nigrum), pippali (Piper longum), badi harad (Terminalia chebula), bahera (Terminalia bellerica), amla (Emblica officinalis), ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi), vaividang (Embelia ribes), nagarmotha (Cyperus rotundus), chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica), madhu (honey), dhatki (Woodfordia fruticosa), water and gur (Saccharum officinarum). It is mainly helpful in preventing problems related to iron deficiency like anemia. It also helps in boosting digestion and hence prevents digestion related problems like indigestion, bloating, constipation, etc. Lohasav also provides you with the balya property that means it provides you with great overall strength and helps in preventing fatigue-like symptoms.
DOSAGE: 2 teaspoonfuls with equal amounts of water twice daily.
5. ARJUN TEA
Arjun tea consists of five herbs- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), pipal tvak (Ficus religiosa), dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) and choti elaichi (Elettaria cardamomum). All these ingredients make this tea healthy for your heart and make your heart healthy.
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR BENEFITS
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) – It keeps your heart healthy by giving strength to your heart muscles, lowering blood pressure by its anti-hypertensive property and overall improves the functioning of your heart.
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) – It is also a great herb which keeps your gut healthy by promoting the movements with its laxative property. Also helpful in reducing abdominal pain occurs due to gas by relieving gas. It is also a great diuretic so it reduces the risk of any kind of urinary complications as well as prevents heart problems.
- Pipal tvak (Ficus religiosa) – Pipal twak is very beneficial in relieving respiratory issues along with lowering blood glucose levels. It also helps to maintain mucosal cells of the body by its astringent properties. Helps in relieving constipation due to its laxative property.
- Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) – It helps in fighting infections due to its antimicrobial actions. It is anti-cancerous so it prevents you from cancer. Also it prevents you from fighting with skin ailments. Beside this it provides strength to the heart muscles.
All the above properties helps to keep your heart healthy, so add this healthy tea this winter and keep your heart healthy.
Directions To Use – Take 1 cup of water along with 1 cup of milk and add 1 teaspoonful of arjun tea powder, put it on flame and boil it until it reduces to 1 cup. After that strain it and here your tea is ready (1 cup daily).
In this article you will learn about winter care. Here we also explain some common health problems coming your way in winters. You will also be provided with common herbs and natural home remedies that helps you keep all the problems away from you in winters. It is mandatory to change your lifestyle if you want a healthy life during winters. For helping you with simple care during winters, planet ayurveda provides you with a winter care pack. It includes four herbal remedies that will boost your immunity so that you will be safe from all the general health problems as well as provide smooth and glowing skin in winters. So add this winter care pack this winter into your daily routine and have a healthy and disease free life this winter.
There are no reviews yet.