It is an ayurvedic churna made from a single herb called Talispatra. It is effectively being used for various health ailments. It is expectorant, appetizer and mildly laxative.
Below we gave a description about its main ingredient, i.e. Talispatra. It is mainly indicated in upper and lower respiratory tract infections.
Product Weight (gms) : 100 gm
Dosage : 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after the meals.
Ingredients of Talispatra Churna
|S. No.||Herb Used||Latin Name||Part Used||QTY|
|1.||Talispatra||Abies Webbiana||Leaves||100 gm|
What is Talispatra?
Talispatra is found in the Himalayas at the height of 2800-10000. It is a medicinal coniferous tree. Talispatra is a tall evergreen tree with thick, horizontal spreading branches. It can grow up to a height of 60 meters.
What is Talipatra’s scientific classification?
- Kingdom – Plants
- Subkingdom – Vascular Plants
- Superdivison – Conifers
- Division – Coniferophyta (Conifers)
- Class – Pinopsida
- Order – Pinales
- Family – Pinaceae (Pine Family)
- Genus – Abies Mill
- Species – Abies Webbiana.
What are its synonyms?
- Abies Spectabilis
- Pinus Webbiana wall
- Pinus Spectabilis
What are the different names of Talispatra?
- English – Indian Silver Fir, Himalayan Silver Fir
- Hindi Name – Talispatra
- Telugu And Tamil Name – Talispatri
- Kashmiri – Budul
- Bengali – Talishpala
- Gujarati – Talish Patra
- Kannada – Tales Patra
- Malayalam – Talisapatra
- Marathi – Laghu Taleespatra
- Oriya – Talis
- Tamil – Taleesapatri
- Telugu – Taleesapatri
- Urdu – Zarnab
- Folk – Badar, Chilrow, Morinda.
- Bhutia – Dunshing
- Nepali – Gobraysalla
What is Talispatra’s chemical constituent?
Its leaves contain biflavonoid, abiesin, n-triacontanol, betuloside and B-sitosterol. Oil extracted from leaves contains alpha-pinene,I-limonene, deltacarene, dipentene, I-bornyl acetate and I-cadinene.
As discussed above this churna is single herb powder, so now we will be learning about the various properties and uses of this Talispatra churna.
Which parts of Talispatra plant are used for making this churna?
What are Talispatra churna’s medicinal properties?
- Respiratory tonic
What are Talispatra churna’s ayurvedic medicinal qualities?
- Taste (Rasa) – Bitter (Tikta), Sweet (Madhura)
- Qualities (Guna) – Lightness (Laghu), Strong and Penetrating (Teekshna)
- Vipaka – Katu (Undergoes Conversion into Pungent Taste after Digestion)
- Veerya (Potency) – Hot (Ushna)
What is Talispatra churna’s effect on tridosha?
It balances Kapha and Vata dosha.
What are Talispatra churna’s therapeutic uses?
- It is used to treat asthma.
- This churna relieves the cough and cold.
- It has anti-catarrhal action so it is effectively used to clear excess mucus from the body.
- Talispatra churna is used to relieve spasm in the body.
- It relieves pain as it has analgesic action.
- This is used to treat as well as prevent rheumatism.
- It improves appetite.
- It has an anti-inflammatory action so helps to relieve swelling and pain.
- This churan helps to reduce the temperature in fever effectively.
- It prevents the formation of flatus or helps in its expulsion.
- Talispatra Churna act as a blood purifier removes toxins from the body.
- This churna relieves abdominal distention.
- Talispatra churna is used to relieve nasal congestion.
- It is used to treat a cough by clearing air passages.
- It inhibits the growth of infections thus preventing infection.
- Churna helps to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- This Churna relieves hoarseness.
- Talispatra churna improves digestion and treats altered digestion.
- It relieves nausea and vomiting.
- This helps to relieve neuralgia.
- Talispatra churna helps to treat mouth disorders.
- It acts as a decongestant.
- It can be used as a sedative.
- talispatra churna act as an anti-hyperglycemic
- This churna can help to treat the abdominal tumor.
- Talispatra churna is effective in treating anorexia.
- It can be helpful in treating pthisis.
- In asthma it, Talispatra churna reduces the intensity and frequency of attacks.
What can be its side-effects?
- If taken in higher dosage it may cause stomach irritation, headache, and dizziness.
- Should be taken under physician guidance during pregnancy.
- Excessive use can cause nausea, vomiting, faintness, and convulsion.
- Always take according to the physician’s prescription.
What are the advantages of having Talispatra churna from Planet Ayurveda?
- This churna in Planet Ayurveda is made strictly under Ayurvedic principles.
- It is 100% vegetarian.
- Herbs used in this product is of best quality.
- Testing of this powder is not done on animals.
- No chemicals, preservatives, starch, additives, colors, yeast, binders or fillers is used.
- Planet Ayurveda offers best quality products at reasonable price.
- Standardized extracts are used in the preparation of this churna.
- Only organic products are used for ensuring better results.