Swarna Bhasma is a metal based formulation that is prepared by the use of pure gold. It is prepared through ancient alchemy procedures to convert it into a perfect healing medicine. Now a days modern machines and other techniques are available to prepare the Gold Bhasma but in ancient times the methods were very crude but still very effective.
Planet Ayurveda makes use of finest quality of Swarna bhasma for treatment of various health conditions. Swarna Bhasma is used as Ayurvedic treatment for infertility, muscle wasting, heart weakness, sexual weakness, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, anemia, asthma, diabetes, cancers, low immunity, tuberculosis and other wasting diseases.
This medicine has to be taken strictly under medical supervision.
Ingredient of Swarn Bhasma
|1.||Ash of Gold (Calcined Gold)||500mg|
Gold bhasma is made up of purified Gold. 24 carat Gold is used for producing Swarna bhamsa. Various methods are there for preparing Gold bhasma but the most commonly used method is described here
Purified Gold leaf is grounded along with lemon juice, and applied with a paste of Rasasindhura (Mercurial compound). It is placed in a closed container, in absence of air in, heated to a temperature of 400 – 500 degree Celsius for 4 -5 hours to obtain Gold Bhasma.
Uses of Swarna Bhasma
- Swarna Bhasma is effective in boosting the immunity of the body and enhances intelligence, memory and concentration.
- Helpful in treatment of Sexual Weakness, Infertility and male sexual disorders like premature ejaculation, and erectile dysfunction.
- Gold Bhasma also helps to treat premature graying of hair,
- It has therapeutic effect in irritable bowel syndrome, diseases of ‘Kapha and Vata’.
- Other Uses of Swarna Bhasma are for diseases like – Heart diseases, Tuberculosis, Jaundice, Breathing, and Cough.
- Epilepsy and other mental disorders. Bone marrow depression, Neuropathy especially which is caused by Diabetes.
- Due to its gold base, it provide benefits as in enlightening the complexion and even prevents symptoms of ageing like wrinkles, dullness of skin, dark circles around the eyes.
Effect of Swarna Bhasma on Tridosha
- Its use is found mainly in disorders of Vata and Kapha.
- Rajat Bhasma is recommended over Swarna bhasma in Pitta diseases.
Dose of Swarna Bhasma
- Dose- 15.5 – 62.5 mg 1-2 times a day before or after food.
- In case of general debility, weakness, sexual weakness, neuropathy due to diabetes, low sperm count, infertility it is usually recommended for 1 to 2 months.
- For Rheumatoid arthritis, cancers and tumors- dose may be higher and should be given for long term of 6 to 9 months.
- Pack Size- 500 mg packaging is available.
Use of Swarna Bhasma along with other Herbs
The Following Herbs and Adjuvants Strengthen The Effects of Gold Bhasma:
- It improves skin complexion if given along with saffron.
- It acts like an aphrodisiac when taken along with the herb Ashwagandha.
- If consumed with milk it improves the strength and immunity.
- It is very good for eyes, if consumed along with Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa)
- Memory is also improved, if consumed with Memory Support – which contains Vacha.
- It helps in fighting against depression if consumed along with Bramhi.
Side Effects of Swarna Bhasma and Precautions in Using Gold Bhasma
- Swarna bhasma has very useful effects as Ayurveda medicine. But misuse or its very higher dose may disturb the Pitta balance.
- Proper dose of Swarna bhasma is safe for use but doses higher than 1 gram at time can result in toxicity.
- Swarna Bhasma should not be used in case of High-Grade fever in Tuberculosis.
- Bael fruit utilization is not recommended during the use of Gold bhasma.
- Keep out of reach and sight of Children.
- Should not be used for more than 9 months.
- Must be kept in a cool and dry place.
Some test for checking the Purity of the SWRANA BHASMA
- Rekhapuran: This test for checking the fineness of the metal in the bhasma. The test in performed on the finger lines. If the Bhasma settle in between the finger lines and is just barely visible then it’s a well-prepared bhasma. This shows that the particles of metals are so fine that they are embedded in between finger lines like talcum powder.
- Nischandrikaran: This test helps to check the loss of the metallic property of shine. An ideally prepared bhasma is one that totally lose its shine.
- Apunarbhava: It reveals the bhasma must be prepared in such a way that it is irreversible, so that one cannot derive the metal back from it again.
- Varitar: The fourth and the most important test is that a bhasma should float on water. Imagine heavy metal like mercury floating on water but a perfectly made Bhasma will float on water.