It is an effective Ayurvedic medicinal herb that is used in fever, diarrhea, and cough. This herb is potential against cancer due to its potential cytotoxic and antimetastasis property. It acts as antiseptic, astringent, and also recommended for female disorders and non-healing ulcers.
- Ingredients used in Shyonak Churna : Shyonak
- Latin Name : Oroxylum indicum
- Part used for medicinal Purpose : Root, Bark, and fruit
- Its leaves and stem are edible.
Names in Different Languages
- English Name : Indian Trumpet flower, Midnight horror, Broken bones tree
- Hindi Name : Sonapatha
- Punjabi Name : Tatpaling, Talvarphali
- Bengali Name : Sona Shona
- Marathi and Gujarati Name : Tentu
- Tamil Name : Addi
- Kannada Name : Tigda, Tiguda Mara, Tattuna
- Malayalam Name : Palagapaimani
- Oriya Name : Phanphania, Tatelo
- Telgu Name : Pampini
- Tuntuka (bell shaped flowers), Bhalluka, Manduakparna
- Kutannata, katvanga, Ari Simbi
Medicinal Properties of Shyonak Churan
- Ras (Taste) : Madhur (sweet), Tikta (Bitter), Kashaya (Astringent)
- Guna (Qualities) : Laghu (easy to digest), Rooksha (dry)
- Veerya : Ushna (Hot Potency)
- Vipaka : Katu (Pungent) – Conversion of taste after digestion.
Dosage :- 1 tsp twice daily with plain water after meals.
Health Benefits of Shyonak Churan
- It reduces the Vata and Kapha doshas.
- It is one of the best herbs to treat urinary tract disorders.
- It provides relief in diarrhea
- It is very useful in rheumatoid arthritis
- It improves digestion strength
- Useful in IBS and has absorption qualities
- Useful in fever due Tridoshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) imbalance.
- It is good for the heart
- It is useful in childhood Psychological disorders
- It cleanses and detoxifies the blood
- Useful in gynecological disorders
- It is good for skin and helpful in cleanse wounds.
Medicinal Uses of Shyonak Churna
From the Vedic era, shyonak is extremely used for the treatment of a variety of diseases. It is most useful in chronic dysentery, diarrhea, hair fall, baldness and ulcers, joint pain and an enlarged spleen.
1. Diarrhea and Dysentery
This herb is used in many diseases like diarrhea and dysentery and also helps in decreasing the symptoms caused by diarrhea and dysentery-like general weakness, fatigue etc. this provides relief to the patient.
In this era, most people are disappointed due to hair fall. By the use of this churna, mostly problems regarding hair fall that will get reduced.
This churna is very useful in Rheumatism, by reducing the symptoms like inflamed joints. It has anti-inflammatory property. It is also very useful in painful joints. After intake of this churna, the patient gets relief in a shorter period of time. It is also helpful in other mechanical abnormalities like degradation of joints.
4. Improves the Appetite
Use of this churna promotes the digestion and helps in increasing appetite and tones the small intestine. Increasing of appetite maintains a balance between the diet and nutrition.
It acts as an expectorant that loosens the mucus that makes easier to cough out. It relaxes the bronchioles and lungs, useful in affections of respiratory passage. By clearing and dilating airways and the passage of lungs, it provides relief to the patient due to its bronchodilator characteristics.
It acts as a laxative, by reducing the symptoms caused by piles like constipation. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory. It helps in reducing the pain and redness around the anus. It keeps the stools regular and soft. This provides relief to the patient.
7. Leucoderma and other skin Disorders
It is an autoimmune disorder, this churna helps in correcting the body’s metabolism by the improving the immunity. It helps in controlling the symptoms caused by leucoderma and other skin disorders like inflammation, by its anti-inflammatory property.
It acts as an anti-inflammatory by reducing the symptoms caused by gout like pain, inflammation. It decreases the level of uric acid in the blood and prevents the deposits of uric acid in joints and safe in treating the elevated uric acid levels in patients with chronic gout. It provides relief to the patient by decreasing the symptoms of gout.
9. Throat Infections
It helps in treating throat infections like pain, swelling, and redness in throat and fever also. This provides relief in the other symptoms of throat infections.
10. Intestinal Worms
This churna has anti-parasitic property by paralyzing and killing the parasites that caused worms to detach from the gut. It helps in reducing the symptoms caused by intestinal worms like abdominal pain, fatigue, nausea, vomiting etc. It also improves the immunity of the body.
This churna helps in reducing the symptoms caused by splenomegaly, and reduces the size of the spleen and provides relief to the patient.
12. Blood Purifier
Blood is responsible for transporting all sorts of materials throughout the body from oxygen to clotting factors, sugar, fats hormones and cells of the immune system. This churna is very good for the skin, helps in detoxifies the blood and cleansing the wounds. It keeps the blood clean and free from toxins and waste.
13. Gynecological disorders
It is useful in gynecological disorders like it is helpful in conception, and also helpful during the lactation period. It is found to be safe in children. Also provides relief in several gynecological disorders.
14. Psychological Disorders
This churna helps in providing relief from some psychological disorders like stress, anxiety, depression etc by acting as a stress reliever, antidepressant. It also acts as an antipsychotic medication. It provides relief to the patient by keeping the brain calm and healthy.
There are no side effects of this churna, if consumed as per prescription, care should be taken if it is consumed in the prescribed dosage.
The advantage of using Shyonak Churna offered by Planet Ayurveda
There are several reasons that made this churna superior from other products available in the market
- It is 100% natural
- Prepared from best natural herb
- No coloration done
- Only organic products are used for better results
- Testing of this medicine is not done on animals
- Planet Ayurveda is offering this formulation at a reasonable and competitive rate.