- Ingredients used in rohitaka churna: Rohitaka
- Latin name: Aphanamixis polystachya
- Part used for the medicinal purpose: Bark
- Dose: 1 teaspoon twice daily with plain water after meals.
Rohitaka is an Ayurvedic herb used in the treatment of liver and spleen disorders, digestive disorders and also useful in the treatment of piles, intestinal worms, leucorrhea, diabetes, and jaundice. This herb contains 5-10% of self-generated alcohol.
Names in Different languages
- English name: Desert teak
- Hindi Name: Rudanti/ Rugtrora
- Marathi name: Rohido
- Punjabi name: Laberra
- Gujarati Name: Rohido
- Tamil Name: Malampuluvan
- Kannada Name: Mullumuntala
- Lohita, Rohita, Kuta Shalmali
- Dadima Pushpa, Dadimaschada
- Plihagna, Kuta Shalmali
- Raktpushpa, Raktghna
Medicinal Properties of Rohitika Churna
- Rasa (taste): Katu (strong), Tikta (bitter), Kashaya (astringent)
- Guna (qualities): Laghu (easy to digest), Rooksha (dry in nature)
- Veerya (potency): Sheeta (cold)
- Vipaka: Katu (undergoes pungent taste after digestion)
- Karma (Actions): Kaphapitta Shamaka (reduces vitiated Kapha and pitta dosha)
- Prabhava: (special action): Plihaghana (acts against the diseases of the spleen)
What are the Medicinal Uses of Rohitaka Churna?
- It is widely used in treating splenomegaly and other spleen related problems.
- It is useful in skin related problems, anorexia, and many inflammatory conditions.
- It is useful in the treatment of ascites and other related liver disorders and jaundice.
- It is beneficial in anemia.
- Also useful in treating diabetes and jaundice.
- It is useful in the treatment of lack of appetite, intestinal worms, constipation and indigestion.
- It alleviates all types of piles.
- Beneficial in blood disorders such as skin disorders, eczema and also useful in bleeding disorders such as menorrhagia, nasal bleeding etc.
- It acts as an anti-microbial, and helpful in psychiatric disorders.
- Useful in muscle diseases and fat tissues.
What are the Therapeutic uses of Rohitaka Churna?
This churna is useful in spleen disorders like splenomegaly by acting as an antibiotic medication as well as an anti-inflammatory by reducing the inflammation and other disorders of the spleen.
Rohitaka Churna acts as an anti-tussive as well as an expectorant that clears the passage of airways to the lungs and works by preventing congestion and excessive mucus secretion in the lungs. It works as an anti-inflammatory and provides relief to the patient.
It is very helpful in hepatitis by acting as an anti-inflammatory as well as it has antiviral property by killing the virus that causes hepatitis. It is very effective Ayurvedic herb used in hepatitis and provides relief to the patient.
Regular intake of this medication helps in preventing patients from the symptoms like breathlessness attack, chest congestion, and reduces the secretion of excessive mucus in the lungs. It provides relief to the patient by preventing the constriction of muscles in the respiratory tract. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory by reducing the pain as well as inflammation in the lungs.
It acts as an anti-pyretic medication that provides relief to the patient and relieves the symptoms regarding fever such as weakness, excessive sweating, fatigue etc.
Many liver disorders like in Cirrhosis of liver, this churna starts detoxification of the liver and helps in the regeneration of new liver cells and also provides relief in other symptoms like jaundice, weight loss, itchy skin etc.
This churna acts as an anti-viral medication that kills the virus and also acts as an iron supplement. Provides relief in the symptoms like dark-colored urine, pale colored stool, high fever, pain in abdomen etc.
It acts as a blood purifier that detoxifies the blood that removes the toxins and other waste from the blood by its anti-toxic properties.
This churna helps in providing relief in many psychological disorders like dementia, depression, anxiety etc by acting as an anti-depressant, anti-anxiety as well as anti-psychotic. This helps in relieving the mental illness.
This is the best herb used in the treatment of constipation by acting as a laxative that softens the stool and helps in providing relief in other symptoms like pain in abdomen and rectum, loss of Appetite etc.
It acts as an anti-bacterial, anti-viral as well as an anti-parasitic and provides relief in other symptoms like pain in abdomen, vomiting, weakness by killing the worms. Patient has to maintain proper hygiene.
There are no side effects if it is consumed in the prescribed dosage. Care should be taken if it is consumed as per the prescription.
Advantage of using Rohitaka Churna offered by planet Ayurveda
There are several reasons that made this churna superior from other products available in the market:
- This churna is 100% natural.
- No color added.
- Prepared from the best natural herb.
- Testing of this medication is not done on animals.
- Only organic products are used for better results.
- Formulated by MD Ayurveda experts.
- Planet Ayurveda is offering this medication at a very reasonable and competitive price.