Effective Herbal Remedies for Pleurisy Management
|1||Pranrakshak Churna||1 Pack (200 gm)|
|2||Curcumin Capsules||3 Bottles (180 Capsules)|
|3||Giloy Capsules||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|4||Tulsi Capsules||2 Bottles (120 Capsules)|
Always Ayurveda presents Pleurisy Care Pack, a herbal combo pack, packed with herbs like Vasa, Shirish, Haridra, Giloy, Tulsi etc ie. Anti-allergic and immunomodulator that helps to overcome the symptoms like Shortness of breath, back pain and shoulder pain, cough, fever, oedema, Empyema etc.
It is a condition in which the pleura, a membrane consisting of a layer of tissue that lines the inner side of the chest cavity and a layer of tissue that surrounds the lungs becomes irritated and inflamed. Also known as pleuritis, pleurisy causes sharp chest pain or pleuritic pain that worsens during breathing.
Types of Pleurisy
- Dry pleurisy
- Effusive pleurisy
- Purulent pleurisy
Causes of Pleurisy
- A variety of underlying conditions can cause pleurisy.
- Viral, bacterial, fungal or parasitic infections such as the flu or influenza, pneumonia and tuberculosis
- Chest wounds, rib fractures and blunt trauma to the chest
- Auto immune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus
- Sickle cell anaemia and pancreatitis
- Pulmonary emboli
- Certain medications
- Heart surgery complications
- Lung or chest tumours, lymphoma, mesothelioma or lung cancer near the pleural surface
Symptoms of Pleurisy
- Chest pain that worsens while breathing, coughing or sneezing
- Shortness of breath
- Back pain and shoulder pain
- A cough — only in severe cases
- A fever — only in severe cases
- Edema or pleural effusion
- Muscle ache
Complications of Pleurisy
Complications of Pleurisy are secondary conditions, symptoms or other disorders that are caused by Pleurisy. In most of the cases the distinction between the symptoms of pleurisy and complications of pleurisy is unclear.
The complications might include:-
- Loss of appetite
- Hair loss
- Inflammation of the membranous sac enclosing the heart or pericarditis
- Pus in the pleural cavity or empyema
- Collapse or atelectasis in the areas of the lung that are not being well aerated due to pain.
PLANET AYURVEDA’S HERBAL PRODUCTS FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF Pleurisy
In Ayurveda pleurisy is known as paarshava shool meaning side pain. Pleurisy is an inflammation of the pleurae, which impairs their lubricating function and causes pain when breathing. Pleurisy Care pack is comprised of Pranrakshak Churna, Curcumin Capsules, Giloy Capsules and Tulsi Capsules. All these herbal formulations works together wonderfully to manage pleurisy, its adverse effects and other physical – mental problems associated with pleurisy.
1. Pranrakshak Churna
It is useful combination of various anti-allergy herbs such as Shirish, Vaasa, Anantmool, Dalchini, Bharangi and Mulethi. It helps to manage various respiratory disorders including breathlessness. It is the best herbal remedy for asthma, bronchitis and various other respiratory tract infections. Pranrakshak churna has an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial activities.
Benefits and uses
Pranrakshak churna is very effective in chronic allergies such as respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, pneumonia and asthma. It also helps to prevent common cough, cold, bleeding while coughing and heals the inflamed respiratory tract. It also helps to break the mucous plugs and removes the blockages in channels caused by phlegm. It also absorbs excess phlegm from the lungs and hence reduces edema and pleural fluid accumulation in the lungs. By lowering the risk of lung cancer, hydrating the mucus membrane and decreasing the lung inflammation, it improves overall lung functions and supports healthy lungs.
Dosage: 1 teaspoonful twice daily, after meals with plain water.
2. Curcumin Capsules
It is prepared from the active phytochemical curcumin that is present in the rhizomes of turmeric. Curcumin renders yellow color to turmeric. The extract of turmeric also known as curcumin extract contains 95% of active alkaloids called curcuminoids. It is one of the most potent anti-inflammatory herb. It is very beneficial in swollen lymph nodes, arthritis and joint pain.
Benefits and uses
Curcumin has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, anti-diabetes, anti-hypertensive, anti-histaminic and anti-hepatotoxic properties. Oral doses of limonene, a compound in turmeric, significantly block free radicals. Limonene also reduces the production of inflammatory cytokine proteins in the painful condition of pleurisy. It suppresses tumor growth, relieves viral flu, diarrhea and dysentery. Curcumin reduces free- radicals in the body and improves immunity. In pleurisy it enables the body to fight infections, reduces swelling and increases body immunity. Its antibiotic property checks bacterial and viral infections.
Dosage: 2 capsules thrice daily with plain water after meals
3. Giloy Capsules
It are made from the herb Tinospora cordifolia. It is also known as Giloy or Amrita or Guduchi. The leaves of the plant are heart shaped and hence, the name cordifolia. The leaves, stem and roots of the plant are used for medicinal purposes. It is a rejuvenator herb which effectively flushes out toxins, purifies blood, and reduces inflammation and swelling. The chemicals such as tinosporone, tinosporic acid, cordifolisides A to E found in this herb can help fight and prevent cancer and helps in relieving pleurisy and edema.
Benefits and uses
The root has powerful emetic properties and is useful in managing visceral obstructions. This herb when used in combination with turmeric extract is efficient in managing tuberculosis. The starch of the Giloy plant is useful in managing chronic fever, low appetite, and constipation and liver disorders. Giloy relieves heartburn, aids in building a strong immune system and balance all 3 energy doshas i.e. vata, pitta and kapha.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily with plain water, after meals
4. Tulsi Capsules
It is prepared from the pure, natural extracts taken from the herb Tulsi. It is completely safe and free of any habit forming effects. The no-side effect benefit of Tulsi make it’s a famous herbal remedy among many. Tulsi boosts immune system and corrects metabolism. It also relieves congestion since it contains potent components like camphene, eugenol and cineole. Its anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory properties also help to manage allergic respiratory disorders.
Benefits and uses
Tulsi works beautifully in case of throat, chest infections and overall respiratory diseases. Tulsi relieves asthma, chronic cough, flu, fever, cold and congestion. It prevents the formation of carcinogens. It has anti-allergic and anti-viral properties.
It is efficient to relieve problems like COPD when used regular for prolonged periods. Prolonged use of tulsi can help prevent lung cancer. Tulsi helps in reducing infection, oedema, and pleural fluid accumulation and improves rejuvenation of pleural membrane. Tulsi helps in making the pleura fluid dry, which provides relief to the patient. It increases the lung capacity, prevents bronchial spasms, relieves congestion and improves lung function.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water, after meals
Pleurisy Care Pack is packed with anti-pyretic, anti-arthritic, digestive, anti-inflammatory and blood purifying properties. It acts as a diuretic, sedative, stimulant, stomachic, bactericide, tonic and aphrodisiac.
It is indicated in following health conditions
- In managing gout, fever, inflammation, skin diseases, jaundice, sores, tuberculosis, malaria and liver disorders.
- To enhance memory, longevity, complexion and youth
- To relieve ailments like hyperacidity, colitis, loss of appetite, worm infestation, abdominal pain, vomiting, excessive thirst and hepatitis
- It effectively manages the conditions like general weakness, dyspepsia, constipation, general debility, swine flu and impotency.
- To help in enhancing the power of macrophages, the cells which fight against microorganisms and to sooth the inflamed mucous membrane in the digestive tract
- To increase the production of mucin which protect the duodenum and stomach
- To relieve metabolic disorders, urinary infections and diabetes
- It has wonderful antioxidant properties and it is believed to relieve everyday infections like common cold, flu, rhinitis, sinusitis and headaches too.
- It is effective in auto immune disorders and inflammatory diseases such as SLE, rheumatoid arthritis, tumors.
- In pleurisy it enables the body to fight infections, reduces swelling and increases body immunity
- To help reduce stress, anxiety, nervousness and maintain overall emotional balance
- In males, it has been used for increasing the sperm count.
- It is useful to relieve joint pain, body inflammation, sprain, strain, fracture and injuries.
- It benefits general weakness, dyspepsia, impotency, dysentery, secondary syphilis, tuberculosis, jaundice, constipation, leprosy, general debility, cutaneous rashes and condylomata.