Vitamin D3 is commonly known as Cholecalciferol which is used in dietary supplements when the total amount of Vitamin D is not enough. Vitamins are the organic molecules which are essential for every organism in a suitable quantity for the proper metabolic functions. Vitamins have many biochemical functions, which were discovered between 1913 and 1948 and are essential for the normal functioning of growth and development. It is classified as fat and water soluble. These are 13 essential vitamins, which are required for the body to work properly. Each vitamin has a different role in maintaining health and body functions which boosts the supply and deficiency of each vitamin causes various health issues. In this article, we are going to discuss Vitamin D physiology and the uses of Vitamin D in detail.
Types Of Vitamins
- Fat-Soluble – Vitamins A, D, E and K are fat soluble and are stored by the body in fatty liver and liver which stay in the body for days and the dietary fat is helpful in absorbing the vitamins through the intestinal tract. There are 2 forms of Vitamin D-
- Vitamin D2 – Ergocalciferol
- Vitamin D3 – Cholecalciferol
- Water-Soluble – Vitamins C and B are water soluble, which do not stay in the body for long periods of time and leave the body through urine.
Cholecalciferol is a type of Vitamin D3 which is made by the skin when it is exposed to sunlight, or in the form of food which is followed by UVB exposure to light. Cholecalciferol undergoes liver-to-calcifediol (25-hydroxyvitamin D) conversion before entering the kidneys to become calcitriol (1, 25-dihydroxyvitamin D). It is taken as an oral dietary supplement which prevents the deficiency of Vitamin D which treats various diseases such as Ricket. Cholecalciferol was first discovered in 1936 and it is enlisted on the World Health Organization’s list of Essential Medicines. Vitamin D is an essential vitamin that your body uses for the normal development of bone and maintenance.
|1.||Vitami D3||2500 IU||625%|
Proprietary blend of Lichen, Mushrooms, Spirulina, Chlorella & Vegetable Capsule Shell (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose).
Description Of Ingredients
- Lichen – It is a natural source of Vitamin D3, which are the small plants which maintain the symbiotic relation between algae and fungi. It is naturally found in the mountain region, with trees in abundance. They are made up of two or more dissimilar organisms which are cyanobacteria or fungus; these algae use their photosynthetic activity to produce more food. Lichen can tolerate cold and dry conditions which require only little rainfall to survive.
- Mushrooms – Mushroom is the richest source of Vitamin D3, which is the most common form in animal foods. When exposed to sunlight it synthesises Vitamin D. It is helpful in enhancing the immune system and increases the strength of bones. Mushrooms convert Ergosterol into Vitamin D which absorbs calcium and phosphorus. It is a powerful agent which is helpful in combating the disease. Essential for the growth of cells and the formation of bones.
- Spirulina – Spirulina is a blue-green algae which improves the health of the bones and enhances bone growth and strength by stimulating the parathyroid hormone and growth hormone. It increases the antioxidant activity. It is also a good source of Vitamin B12, Magnesium and Calcium as it has essential minerals and proteins for bone health, thus protecting the bone cells by limiting the effects of free radicals.
- Chlorella – Chlorella is a complete protein source which is rich in calcium, keeps the bone stronger and is helpful in supporting the absorption of calcium. It is also a rare source of Vitamin K2 which further prevents Osteoporosis and promotes healthy and stronger teeth. Maintains normal functioning of the muscles and nerves. It is rich in natural magnesium which maintains the normal muscle and converts Vitamin D into the active form which enhances the absorption of calcium.
- Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (Vegetable Capsule Shell) – It is a fluid substance which is useful in the grafting of bone which further improves moldability. The vegetable shell was introduced in 1989 which does not trigger health or do not cause any side effects on the body.
- Product Form: Capsule form
- Package Type: Bottled pack
- Package Quantity: 60 Capsules
How Can I Use Vitamin D3 Capsules?
- Vitamin D3 capsules are easily available which is convenient as veggie capsule formulations which can be consumed as a whole with plain water.
- Adults can take the dosage of 2 Capsules with normal plain water after meals.
- For children, 1 capsule per day is the recommended dose.
What Is Vitamin D Deficiency?
- It means that the body does not have enough Vitamin D, which causes problems in the bones and muscles.
- Vitamin D is the essential vitamin which is used by the body for maintaining and proper development of the bone.
- It is also helpful in playing an important role in the Nervous system, Musculoskeletal system and immune system.
The natural, herbal Vitamin D3 Supplement leaves no side effects and the regular long use of these capsules are completely safe without any side effects.
Causes Of Vitamin D Deficiency
There are 2 causes of Vitamin D deficiency are as follows-
- Not getting enough vitamin D in the diet through sunlight.
- The body is not absorbing Vitamin D.
Other Specific Causes of Vitamin D include are-
- Certain medications – It includes-
- Cholesterol-lowering drugs
- Seizure preventing drugs
- Surgery for weight loss – It includes-
- Bypass surgery for small intestines such as Gastric bypass surgery
- Certains health issues such as –
- Cystic fibrosis/Crohn’s disease and Celiac disease – As it prevents the intestine from absorbing the vitamin D
- Obesity – A BMI greater than 30 lowers the level of Vitamin D
- Kidney and Liver Disease – Liver and Kidney disease lowers the amount of enzymes which are needed by the body to change the form of Vitamin D.
Symptoms Of Vitamin D Deficiency
- The growth pattern is disturbed due to its bent bones
- Weakness of the muscle
- Deformities in joints
- Pain in bones
- Mood Changes such as Depression
- Muscle Cramps
- Loss of hair
- Sore muscles
- Pale skin with dark circles
Role Of Vitamin D
- Vitamin D is helpful in playing a central role in the homeostasis of calcium.
- In the absence of Vitamin D, Hypocalcemia occurs and is useful in the maintenance of Skeletal stability.
- Vitamin D is the active metabolite which promotes the easy absorption of calcium from the intestine for the proper mineralization and maintaining the natural level of calcium in the body.
- Vitamin D endocrine system and parathyroid hormones play an important role in maintaining homeostasis in humans and other species.
Metabolism Of Vitamin D
- When Vitamin D enters circulation, it is bound with alpha globulin which is known as Vitamin D Binding Protein.
- Vitamin D is not an active compound that undergoes a series of transformations in the liver than in the kidney, forming the active compound 1, 25- dihydroxyvitamin D.
- In the Liver, the vitamin D-25 hydroxylase converts to 25- Hydroxyvitamin D
- This enzyme is located in the microsomal and mitochondrial fraction of the hepatocyte.
- While the microsomal enzyme is somewhat regulated by previously generated vitamin D metabolites, the mitochondrial enzyme is not affected by the organism’s vitamin D status.
- As a result, the amount of vitamin D present in the plasma from either dietary or endogenous sources is the most crucial element in determining the amount of 25-hydroxyvitamin D in the plasma or serum.
Food Sources Of Vitamin D3
- Egg Yolks
- Vitamin D-fortified food such as Cow’s Milk, Soya Milk
- Orange Juice
- Cereal and Oatmeals
Why You Need Vitamin D
- Vitamin D is known as Calciferol which is a fat-soluble vitamin (gets broken by fat and oils in the gut)
- It is commonly known as Sunshine Vitamin as D3 is naturally produced by the exposure to sun.
- It has many other functions such as –
- Growth of the bone
- Remodelling of bone
- Regulates the muscle contraction
- Converse the glucose into an energy source
- Prevention of various respiratory infections
- Not getting enough Vitamin D causes-
- Delayed growth in kids
Herbal Supplement For Vitamin D Deficiency By Planet Ayurveda
The Ayurvedic formulation of Vitamin D3 is a 100% pure product which is taken from the best quality sources of Vitamin D such as Lichen, Mushrooms, Spirulina, Chlorella and more. These sources have been known for centuries and have many wonderful actions on the body and bones. These Capsules are the extract form which delivers an effective quality in the best possible way. These Capsules are completely natural products, which are collected from the cleanest environment and are grown in the best soils. The packaging and processing of these capsules are done under the best technology. Regular usage of Ayurvedic Vitamin D3 reduces the chances of weak bones and delayed growth in children.
However, Vitamin D3 supplement has no side effects on the body as it is a completely plant-based product so, pregnant ladies and lactating mothers should consume this product under the Strict Supervision of expert doctors.
How Long Would Vitamin D3 Supplement Capsules Take Time To Show The Results?
Vitamin D3 is a completely pure form of the best high-quantity herbal product. This is a 100% pure Ayurvedic formula without any adulteration and the visible outer results take about 4-6 weeks to appear. Therefore, it is highly recommended for patients to experience the wonderful effects of this remedy.
In certain cases, it may vary from patient to patient depending upon the medical conditions of the individual such as mental health, physical illness and the metabolic condition of the person’s body. So, it may show results within the weeks also.
The effects of these herbal preparations are natural and have everlasting results which are given by pharmaceutical drugs. It works on the immunity of the individual and provides a longer time to stay!
So, to ensure the best outcome of the products it is recommended to use this product regularly. Regular intake of these capsules is highly recommended for overall healthy bone health.
How Long Will A Single Bottle Of Vitamin D3 Supplement Last?
A single bottle of Vitamin D3 contains 60 herbal capsules, which last from 15-30 days depending upon 15-30 days depending upon the dosage and frequency of consumption. For better results, regular intake is highly recommended.
Side Effects Of Vitamin D3 Supplement
There are no known side effects if the capsules are used in the prescribed dosage.
Therapeutic Uses Of Vitamin D3 Supplements
- In rare bone disorders, low levels of phosphate in the blood which is a specific form of Vitamin D, called Calcitriol orally with the phosphate supplements are effective in treating all the disorders of bone.
- A low level of Hypothyroid forms a specific form of Vitamin D called Dihydrotachysterol orally is effective in increasing the level of Calcium in blood.
- In the softening of the bones (osteomalacia), vitamin D3 orally is effective in treating this condition.
- The bone disorder along with Kidney disease can take the form of Vitamin D orally can prevent Bone Loss in patients with kidney disease
- In Rickets, the supplements of Vitamin D are effective in preventing and treating rickets.
- In weak and Brittle bones (Osteoporosis) taking the supplements of Vitamin D3 is helpful in preventing the loss of bone and breaks in Osteoporosis.
- In Psoriasis, applying vitamin D creams is helpful in treating Plaque type of Psoriasis.
- Hay Fever – During this, one can take supplements of Vitamin D which is helpful in reducing the symptoms of Hay fever in children and adults.
- Cavities – Giving the supplements of Vitamin D2 and D3 reduces the risk of cavities in children and adolescents.
- Heart Failure – Taking Vitamin D reduces the risk of developing heart failure.
- Tooth Retention – Vitamin D3 and calcium supplements are helpful in preventing tooth loss in older people.
Advantages Of Using Vitamin D3 Capsules By Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda’s Vitamin D3 offers many health benefits. There are several other factors which contribute to making it better than other similar products available in the market today. They are-
- It is a plant-cellulose-based capsule that is entirely vegetarian and free of chemicals or hard gelatin.
- It exclusively makes use of standardised extracts.
- To ensure superior health outcomes, use only premium organic goods.
- There are no additional colours, artificial flavours, fillers, yeast, or preservatives in this product.
- Animal testing is not done on our goods.
Vitamins have many biochemical functions, which were discovered between 1913 and 1948 and are essential for the normal functioning of growth and development. It is classified as fat and water soluble. These are 13 essential vitamins, which are required for the body to work properly. Vitamin D is known as Calciferol which is a fat-soluble vitamin (gets broken by fat and oils in the gut). It is commonly known as Sunshine Vitamin as D3 is naturally produced by the exposure to sun. Then we discussed the uses and benefits of taking Vitamin D3 on the body without any side effects.