Bhaishajya Ratnavali Rajayakshma Rogadhikar/83
Tapyadi loha is an Ayurvedic medicine which is made from herbal and mineral ingredients. It is used in treating liver and digestive conditions. It contains Loha bhasma as a main ingredient so useful in anemic problems. Loha bhasma is an Ayurvedic preparation which is prepared from iron. It is used in anemia, jaundice, indigestion etc. Herbo-mineral formulations are very effective in chronic conditions as mineral ingredients increase the strength of the formulation.
- Loha Bhasma (Iron calx)- 40 gm
- Swarna Makshik Bhasma (Calx of Chalcopyrite) – 10 gm
- Vidanga Churna (Powder of Embelia ribes) – 10 gm
- Shuddha Shilajit (Purified Asphaltum punjabianum) – 10 gm
- Haritaki Churna (Powder of Terminalia chebula) – 10 gm
Description of The Ingredients
- Loha Bhasma : Loha is a mineral and used in the formation of bhasma (calx). Loha bhasma is a calcined iron used in the treatment of anemia, jaundice, tuberculosis etc.
- Swarna Makshik Bhasma : It contains iron and copper that is used in the treatment of anemia, ulcers, diabetes, fever, insomnia, skin disorders etc.
- Vidanga Churna : It is helpful in treating digestive problems and also very beneficial in worm infestation. It controls vomiting, nausea and flatulence due to its hot potency. It also manages constipation.
- Shuddha Shilajit : It functions as an antioxidant and improves the body’s immunity. It is also beneficial in providing strength to the body. It regulates the functions of the thyroid gland.
- Haritaki Churna : This is known as the King of medicine because it is used in almost every disease. It has a mild laxative effect. It aids digestion by increasing digestive enzymes.
Method of Preparation
- Take all the ingredients in the above mentioned quantity
- After then properly triturate this mixture
- Keep this formulation in a glass container
Tapyadi Loha is a very efficient Ayurvedic formulation that has been used since centuries. This formulation is very beneficial in providing health benefits on liver diseases. It gives relief from the symptoms such as jaundice etc. It is a suitable medicine for anemia as it contains Loha as a main ingredient. It helps to increase the level of hemoglobin. This formulation has a property to decrease edema by removing excessive water from the body. It is even beneficial for digestive problems and also useful in controlling vomiting.
Dosha Karma (Effects on Dosha)
It pacifies Vata, pitta and kapha dosha
- 250 mg twice a day with ghee and honey
Classical Indication (Rogadhikar)
- Yakrit roga (Liver disorder)
- Bleeding disorders
- This Ayurvedic medicine must be consumed under strictly medical advice
- It is better to avoid children and pregnant ladies
- Over dose might result in side effects like tremors, dizziness etc
- Avoid taking ghee in tuberculosis if there is fever
Abhrak bhasma is an effective remedy in Ayurveda. The use of this medicine gives wonderful results in fighting against many chronic conditions. But one must remember that it should be taken under medical advice because if taken improperly then it will cause some side effects. Otherwise it is safe to consume under medical supervision.