It is an ayurvedic classical medication which is made from the copper ore and is in powder form which has a wide variety of uses and it is also used in preparation of many rasaushadhi. It can be used in a variety of disorders such as anemia, obesity, spleen and liver disorder etc. it is made after the process of purification and maran (Process of making bhasma). This bhasma is converted to nanoparticles and is in a colloidal state due to which it is easy to absorb and also does not cause side effects.
Ingredients Used in Tamra Bhasma
Tamra bhasma is made by using the below mentioned ingredients:
- Shuddha tamra (Purified copper)
- Shuddha parada (Purified Mercury)
- Shuddha gandhak (Purified sulfur)
- Nimbu (Citrus limon)
Ref. Ayurvedic Text – [ Rasaratna samuchya ]
Description Of The Ingredients
Every ingredient in it has a special medicinal property which have been mentioned below:
- Tamra – It is bitter and astringent in taste, has a sweet taste conversion after digestion, and is hot in potency. It is helpful in pacifying the pitta and kapha dosha. Treats abdominal disorders, skin disorders, increases appetite, cleanses the body by purging and vomiting. It is good for the eyes and increases red blood cells.
- Parada – The most important metal in the ras shastra. It is used in almost all the rasa preparations. It has all six flavors, it is good for increasing all the tissues of the body. It is known as the best aphrodisiac. It is good for treating every kind of disorder and can be used in many formulations as it has a property known as yogavahi due to which it increases the bioavailability of all the ingredients.
- Shuddha gandhak – It is the best rasayan, sweet in taste, resulting in taste conversion after digestion is pungent and potency is hot. It is helpful in treating conditions such as skin diseases, increases digestive fire, increases digestive fire, removes the ama dosha from the body, it helps in treating splenomegaly, bloating. Purified and extracted form of gandhak is helpful in removing the toxicity of the mercury.
- Nimbu – It is helpful in balancing all the three doshas, mainly vata and kapha dosha. It is light to digest and causes dryness in the body. It is a digestive stimulant. It has a hot potency sour taste with a sour taste conversion after digestion. It is helpful in destroying all kinds of worms, Low digestive fire, intestinal obstruction and infections of the digestive tract.
Method Of Preparation
Following method of preparation is used for making this formulation:
- Purified mercury and sulfur nis grounded in the lemon juice.
- This grounded paste is applied on the thin plates of the copper.
- These coated thin plates are then heated in a closed furnace for 3 times.
- After that this mixture is then converted to the Bhasma form which is stored in a closed tight container.
It has the following medicinal properties
- Acts as an expectorant
- Increases red blood cells formation
- Increases digestive fire
- Lowers bilirubin
- Burns fat
It helps in balancing all the three doshas of the body
1-2 mg per day
Classically it can be indicated in the following disorders such as:
- Shwas (Breathing difficulties like asthma, COPD)
- Kshaya (Emaciation)
- Kaas (Cough)
- Pandu (Anemia)
- Mandagni (Low digestive fire)
- Aruchi (Anorexia)
- Gulma (Abdominal tumor)
- Pleeha (Splenomegaly)
- Yakrit (Hepatomegaly)
- Murcha (Unconsciousness)
- Shool (Pain in abdomen)
- Parinamshool (Pain during digestion)
- Saptadhatugat jwara (Fever related to all the tissues of the body)
- Arsh (Piles)
This medicine can be indicated in conditions like excessive hiccups, Irritable bowel syndrome, Loose stools with the mucus, burning sensation of the body and liver, Indigestion, Constipation, acidity, urticaria like skin conditions, stones in the gallbladder. It mainly acts on the liver, spleen, skin, muscles etc. It can also treat eye disorders as it helps in balancing the pitta dosha from the body. According to the research it was seen that it is helpful in reducing the size of gallbladder stones.
- Purified and processed tamra bhasma has no side effects.
- It should only be consumed after the prescription of an expert ayurvedic doctor.
Copper is very useful as a medicine in ayurveda when used in the bhasma form. Planet Ayurveda’s Tamra bhasma has been made from the pure and processed form. It has been through a quality check due to which it is the best tamra bhasma to use for your health and it does not cause any side effects on the body.
Note :- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
There are no reviews yet.