Shwas are the prana of our body, prana can be known as the “The breath of life” or the “The force of life” It is really essential to maintain the life or the breath in a healthy person. According to Ayurveda, shwas roga can be understood as breathing difficulties such as asthma, COPD, emphysema, bronchitis or any other breathing difficulties which can be classified according to the three doshas vata, pitta and kapha dosha. A medicine which can be used for the treatment of all the shwasa rogas (Respiratory tract disorders) is shwas chintamani ras, its name itself suggests stress free from the shwas roga.
Ingredients used in Shwas Chintamani Ras
It has the following ingredients mentioned below:
- Loh bhasma (Iron calx)
- Shuddha gandhak (Purified sulfur)
- Abhrak bhasma (Silica calx)
- Shuddha parad (Purified mercury)
- Swarn makshik bhasma (Copper pyrite calx)
- Moti bhasma (Pearl calx)
- Kantakari (Solanum surattense)
- Adraka (Zingiber officinale)
- Goat milk
- Yashti madhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
Ref. Ayurvedic Text – [ Bhaishajya ratnavali, Hikka shwas rogadhikara 53-56 ]
Description Of The Ingredients
All the ingredients have special medicinal properties which are mentioned below:
- Loh bhasma – Iron calx in the purified form is used for making this formulation. It has a scraping effect on the body so it will help in clearing the bronchioles and airway by scrapping the dirt and music. It helps in balancing the kapha and pitta doshas . It is coolant in nature and also heavy to digest. It increases the Hb and RBC in the body.
- Shuddha gandhak – It is pungent, bitter and astringent in taste, mobile in nature i.e. it has a flowy nature. Potency of the gandhak is hot so it will help in reducing the kapha dosha from the body and detoxifies the blood. It can be used in many skin infections also. Purified sulfur is helpful in eliminating the kapha and vata dosha from the body and increases the pitta dosha. As it eliminates the kapha and pitta dosha, it has an effect on the respiratory disorders as these are due to the kapha and vata dosha.
- Abrak bhasma – It is sweet and astringent in taste, taste conversion after digestion is also sweet, abhrak is helpful in coming to mind and is smooth in nature. It is very cold in potency and helps in balancing all the doshas from the body. It is very good for treating respiratory tract disorders and nourishes the cells of the body and promotes cell rejuvenation.
- Shuddha parada – It is the most important mineral mentioned in ayurveda which is capable of doing miracles for the body. It has all the six tastes and increases the bioavailability of other herbs which are added in this formulation. It helps in clearing all the channels of the body and removes obstruction of the respiratory channels. It has a hot potency so acts as an expectorant for the body.
- Swarn makshik bhasma – It is purified copper pyrite which has a bitter and a sweet taste. It has an anti-ageing effect on the body. Can be used for conditions such as skin diseases, anorexia, insomnia, inflammation etc. it helps in balancing the kapha and pitta dosha of the body. Improves the strength and immunity of the body and treats all disorders.
- Moti bhasma – It is made from the pearl and is helpful in reducing the excessive burning or heat from the body, and also has a cooling effect on the body and digestive system. Helps in balancing the pitta and rakta dosha from the body so can be used in conditions like raktapitta, acidity, burning sensation etc. It will help in reducing the sputum with blood and also provides nourishment to the body.
- Kantakari – It is pungent and bitter in taste with a light and drying nature. It undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion and the potency of kantakari is hot so it helps in balancing the kapha and vata dosha and also increases the pitta dosha in the body. It is used in the treatment of asthma and chronic respiratory disorders due to its hot potency and pungent taste. It also helps in improving immunity, improves strength and nourishes the body.
- Adraka – This is the best herb for the vata type of disorders and also acts as a kapha ghana (eliminates kapha dosha from the body) also it acts as antihistamines as it has tikta (bitter) taste and snigdha (Unctuous) properties, So it will help in treating the respiratory tract infections like pharyngitis, asthma, cough and cold. It acts as a great appetizer so it will help in anti satiety.
- Goat milk – It is easy to digest, helps in pacifying the kapha dosha from the body. It increases the vata dosha and pitta dosha. Taste of the goat milk is bitter and pungent and the potency is hot. It is the best for the people who are dry and emaciated and is very useful in respiratory tract disorders, bleeding disorders etc. it is light to digest so can be digested by anyone.
- Yashtimadhu – It is sweet in taste, heavy to digest and unctuous in nature. Potency of yashtimadhu is cold. It is a great expectorant and expels out the kapha dosha from the body. It helps in pacifying the aggravated vata and pitta dosha from the body. It has been kept in groups such as jeevaniya (Herbs promoting longevity), kanthya (Herbs improving voice), Varnya (Herbs improving complexion) etc.
Method Of Preparation
Following method of preparation is used for the making of this formulation.
- Kajjali is made out from the parad and gandhak.
- 5 bhasma are added in this kajjali and mixed for 1 hour.
- Then bhavna of kantakari decoction, ginger juice, goat milk, decoction of yashtimadhu are added and bhavna are given for one – one day with each herb decoction.
- Tablets of 1-1 ratti are made out from this mixture.
It helps in increasing the pitta dosha from the body, eliminating the kapha dosha and balances the vata dosha.
This formulation can be taken in the dose of 125-250 mg per day
- Product form: Tablets
- Package type: Bottle
- Package quantity: 10 tablets
This medication can be used in several respiratory disorders such as:
- Allergic rhinitis
- Interstitial allergic bronchitis etc.
This medicine has been mentioned to cure diseases such as:
- Shwasa (Respiratory disorders)
- Kasa (Cough)
- Rajayakshma (Tuberculosis)
- There are no known side effects of this medications
- Overdose can lead to gastritis
- It should be avoided by pregnant and lactating women
- It should only be taken after consulting an ayurvedic doctor
This is the best known medication which is made by the combination of both herbs and minerals. All the ingredients in it are helpful in treating respiratory tract disorders such as asthma, chronic cough and cold and other respiratory disorders. This medication is provided by planet ayurveda and all the ingredients in it are pure and authentic as planet ayurveda is a globally recognised brand and planet ayurveda’s all the medications has been passed through a quality test.
Note :- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
There are no reviews yet.