Sarvjwarhar Loha is an Ayurvedic medicine that is used in Fever. It is a classical formulation in tablet form. It is mainly used in the treatment of chronic fever, liver and spleen diseases. It contains Loha Bhasma as its main ingredient. As the name of the medicine indicates, it is indicated in all types of fever. Fever is the most common symptom of every disease. As this is the defense mechanism of the body. It prevents us from further complications. But if this fever does not go down then this medicine can give good results on lowering the body temperature.
- Loha Bhasma (Iron calx) – 200 gm
- Chitrak churna (Powder of Plumbago zeylanica) – 10 gm
- Haritaki Churna (Powder of Terminalia chebula) – 10 gm
- Amalaki Churna (Powder of Emblica officinalis) – 10 gm
- Bibhitaki Churna (Powder of Terminalia bellerica) – 10 gm
- Shunthi Churna (Powder of Zingiber officinale) – 10 gm
- Pippali Churna (Powder of Piper longum) – 10 gm
- Maricha (Powder of Piper nigrum) – 10 gm
- Vaividang Churna (Powder of Embelia ribes) – 10 gm
- Nagarmotha Churna (Powder of Cyperus rotundus) – 10 gm
- Khas Churna (Powder of Chrysopogon zizanioides) – 10 gm
- Devdaru Churna (Powder of Cedrus deodara) – 10 gm
- Chirayata Churna (Powder of Swertia Chirayita) – 10 gm
- Sugandhabala Churna (Powder of Valeriana wallichi) – 10 gm
- Kutki Churna (Powder of Picrorhiza kurroa) – 10 gm
- Kantakari (Solanum virginianum) – 10 gm
- Shigrubeej Churna (Powder of the seeds of Moringa oleifera) – 10 gm
- Mulethi Churna (Powder of Glycyrrhiza glabra) – 10 gm
- Indrayava Churna (Powder of Holarrhena antidysenterica) – 10 gm
- Gaja Pippali Churna (Powder of Scindapsus officinalis) – 10 gm
rasendra sara sangraha
Description of The Ingredients
- Loha Bhasma : This is a complex mineral preparation widely used as an Ayurvedic hematinic agent. This bhasma is an effective remedy for chronic fever, low Hb, respiratory ailments etc. It also has aphrodisiac, strength promoting and anti-aging properties.
- Chitrak Churna : It helps to improve the digestive system as it has Deepan (appetizer)and Pachan (digestive) properties. It is mostly used for indigestion. It also manages atherosclerosis.
- Haritaki Churna : It is used as a rasayan (rejuvenator). It is a tested remedy for all the digestion related problems. Haritaki aids digestion by increasing digestive enzymes, suppresses hyperacidity, improves absorption of nutrients, prevents constipation and is helpful in fever.
- Amalaki Churna : This is a rich source of Vitamin C and helps in clearing the toxins from the body. Its ingredients support digestion, metabolism, elimination and normal liver function. It is an effective remedy for hair and skin.
- Bibhitaki Churna : It is used in Ayurveda to treat diabetes and other digestive ailments. It helps in boosting immunity of the person. It helps in balancing kapha dosha. It treats ulcers, alleviates stress, promotes liver health etc.
- Shunthi Churna : This is a wonderful appetizer. It enhances the digestive fire and improves digestion. It can be beneficial in preventing metabolic syndrome. It treats ulcers and alleviates stress.
- Pippali Churna : It is useful in digestive and respiratory ailments. It shields against infections. Pippali is useful in diabetes, aids in weight loss, alleviates fever, promotes digestion etc.
- Maricha Churna : It improves the function of the digestive tract. It helps in digestion and alleviates the symptoms of indigestion, flatulence, constipation etc. It also helps in cold, cough conditions.
- Vaividang Churna : It has various medicinal benefits as this is used to manage certain bacterial infections due to its antibacterial properties. It is also helpful in worm infestation in the body.
- Nagarmotha Churna : It is used to manage weight due to its anti-obesity properties. It also manages diarrhea, dysentery and worm infestation and skin problems.
- Khas Churna : This herb helps to improve digestion as it is high in dietary fibers. It has anti-rheumatic properties and helps in rheumatic pain. It also regulates blood pressure levels.
- Devdaru Churna : It helps to control coughs and cold. It promotes respiratory health by maintaining a clear respiratory tract. It encourages healthy blood circulation in the body.
- Chirayata Churna : It helps in the treatment of malaria, intestinal worms, skin diseases and it also controls sugar levels. It is also used for fever, constipation, loss of appetite etc.
- Sugandh Bala Churna : It is potent in stimulating the nervous system, reducing spasms, and stimulating the stomach. It is helpful in fever, joint pain, headache, sleeping disorders etc.
- Kutaki Churna : This herb normalizes liver functions. It is also beneficial in skin disorders. It also improves digestion and helps in controlling weight and helps you recover from icterus.
- Kantakari : This herb is pungent and bitter in taste. It is beneficial for the management of respiratory problems like cough and asthma.
- Shigru Beej Churna : This herb is used in the treatment of hypertension, dysmenorrhea, and anorexia. It is traditionally used in the treatment of various ailments i.e. worm infestation, skin problems, renal stones, inflammation etc.
- Mulethi Churna : This is an effective remedy for respiratory and digestive ailments. It reduces stress and depression and boosts immunity. It is good for gastric ulcers, coughs and colds.
- Indrayava Churna : It is mainly used in diarrhea as it has anti-diarrheal properties. This herb is used in relieving itching. It balances Kapha and pitta dosha.
- Gaja Pippali Churna : It is used to improve appetite and digestion as well as stomach pain. It is also helpful in heartburn, indigestion, diarrhea and cholera. It is beneficial for lung problems including asthma, bronchitis and cough.
Method of Preparation
- Take all the ingredients in above mentioned quantity
- Mix all the ingredients in a kharal yantra (instrument) and give bhavana with Water
- After bhavana, properly triturate this mixture
- Make 500 mg tablets and dry them under the shadow
- Keep this formulation in a glass container
Sarvjwarhar loha has an antipyretic effect. This formulation has a wide approach on all types of fever as it is mainly used in indigestion. Indigestion or low digestive fire is the root cause of Fever. As it has Loha (iron) Bhasma as the main ingredient, so helpful in improving hemoglobin level. This medicine has antimicrobial properties also and hence is used as an antibiotic. It reduces coughing, gives strength and detoxifies the body. Also it is an effective medicine for mandagni (Low digestive fire), Atisar (Diarrhea), yakrit and pliha roga (Liver and spleen disorders), ajeerna (indigestion), Daurbalaya (weakness) etc.
Dosha karma (effects on dosha)
It balances all three dosha but mainly works on Pitta dosha
- Size : 10 Tablets
- Dosage : 1 tablet twice a day with chirata Kwath (decoction of Swertia Chirayita), honey or Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia)
Classical indication (Rogadhikar)
Sarvjwarhar (All types of fever)
- Fever due to indigestion
- Liver and spleen disorders
- Cough and cold
- Ventricular hypertrophy
- It should be taken under the medical advice
- Avoid in pregnant ladies
- Overdose may lead to complications as it contains Loha bhasma (iron calx)
- Avoid sexual intercourse during the course of this medicine
At last we can conclude that this Ayurvedic medicine is very effective against all types of fever. Ayurvedic medicines have miraculous results in mostly chronic diseases. But this should be taken under the expert advice as it has some side effects on overdose. Otherwise this is the best medicine for the treatment of fever and other digestive ailments.