Bhaishajya Ratnavali 825/62-66
Jatyadi taila is used in various wounds. Wounds are the injuries that affect the skin and other body tissues. These mainly happen because of an accident but other medical procedures such as surgeries, sutures and stitches also cause wounds. Wounds include cuts, scrapes, scratches and punctured skin. In pathology, it may be defined as a sharp injury which damages the epidermis of the skin. This Ayurvedic formulation that is Jatyadi taila is used for this purpose. So in this article we will go through this formulation in detail.
Jatyadi taila is an effective remedy for treating different types of wounds. This is a herbo-mineral formulation in liquid form. This oil helps in speeding up the wound healing process. It gives quick relief from diseases. This Ayurvedic formulation also reduces itching, irritation and burning in the lesion. This oil benefits in open wounds, burns, abscess, eczema etc. Wound healing is a replacement of damaged tissue by newly produced tissue. So this oil provides a fast replacement of damaged tissue without giving any side effects.
- Tila taila (Sesame oil) – 1 litre
- Water – 4 litre
- Jati patra (Myristica fragrans) -14 gm
- Neem (Azadirachta indica) -14 gm
- Patol (Trichosanthes dioica) -14 gm
- Karanj patra (Leaves of Pongamia pinnata) -14 gm
- Mom (Wax) -14 gm
- Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra) -14 gm
- Kuth (Saussurea lappa) -14 gm
- Haldi (Curcuma longa) -14 gm
- Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata) -14 gm
- Katuki (Picrorhiza kurroa) -14 gm
- Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) -14 gm
- Padmakashtha (Bark of Prunus cerasoides) -14 gm
- Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa) -14 gm
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) -14 gm
- Kamal kesar (Pollen of Nelumbo nucifera) -14 gm
- Tutha (Copper sulphate) -14 gm
- Ananta moola (Hemidesmus indicus) -14 gm
- Karanj beej (Seeds of Pongamia pinnata) -14 gm
Description of The Ingredients
- Tila Taila : It is used in numbness, stiffness of the skin. It helps in reducing rukhsta (dryness) of the skin due to Vata dosha. It has a property that nourishes the deep tissues and promotes health.
- Jati Patra : It is digestive, appetizer and astringent. It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic properties also and is used in the wounds for pacifying inflammation and pain due to cuts and burns.
- Neem : Neem leaves contain the properties such as anti- anti-inflammatory, antiulcer, antifungal, antibacterial etc. They are used in the wounds, ulcers, skin itching, skin irritation, blisters etc.
- Patol : This is used in digestive ailments and also helpful in treating skin ailments such as cuts, burns, blisters, skin itching, skin irritation etc.
- Karanj Patra : It is used in managing constipation by improving gut health. It has also been used for piles due to its anti-inflammatory and astringent properties.
- Wax : For this preparation Bee wax is used for making jatyadi taila. This wax is used for relieving pain and inflammation as it has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mulethi : This ingredient has anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is also used in cough, asthma, cold, sore throat, bronchitis etc.
- Kuth : This helps to improve digestion by protecting the digestive system from harmful bacteria. It has antibacterial properties hence also used in infected wounds.
- Haldi : This is a powerful antiseptic agent. It is used in treating various infections either externally or internally. It is used in many skin disorders also.
- Daruhaldi : This plant is useful as it has antipyretic, antibacterial, antihepatotoxic, antioxidant properties. It is used to treat the liver, ulcers, fever, inflammation, cuts, diarrhea etc.
- Katuki : It is a potent anti-inflammatory herb. It is used in inflammatory conditions. It helps in treating kidney and liver diseases. It is also used externally for wounds.
- Manjishtha : This is an effective herb to manage skin problems like skin itching, irritation, burning sensation etc due to its blood purifying and pitta balancing properties.
- Padmakashtha : This is used in the treatment of erysipelas, burning sensation, boils, blisters, skin diseases, fever, dizziness, piles, excessive sweating etc.
- Lodhra : This herb has anti-inflammatory, antiandrogenic, astringent, antioxidant, hepato-protective properties. It is also used in wound healing as it contains wound healing properties.
- Haritaki : It is mainly used in every disease as it has properties of Tridosh Tridosha ghan. It pacifies all three dosha i.s. Vata, pitta and kapha. It has rasayan (Rejuvenating) properties also.
- Kamal Kesar : They have astringent, diuretic, antifungal, antimicrobial etc properties. It is used in treating skin disorders also.
- Tutha : This ingredient has antibacterial properties. It helps externally for wound healing. It manages pain and inflammation due to wounds.
- Anantmool : It is used in treating leprosy, skin diseases, fever, bronchitis, pruritus etc. This plant is also helpful in blood related problems as it has blood purifying properties.
- Karanj Beej : In Ayurveda, it is mainly used on the skin to manage boils, eczema etc. It helps in healing wounds due to its ropan (healing) properties.
Method of Preparation
- First of all take the ingredients from Javitri to Karanj patra
- Properly grind these ingredients with water and make a firm paste
- Now again take the ingredients from Mulethi to karanja beej and properly grind these ingredients with water.
- Make a firm paste and keep aside.
- Now take both these pastes and Wax together and mix it in a tila taila.
- Add 4 liters water in this mixture and heat this over the low flames
- When water content dries off then filter this mixture
- The obtained oil is called Jatyadi oil
Jatyadi taila is a classical Ayurvedic formulation in a liquid form. It is beneficial in wound healing. It is used in the treatment of piles, fissures, fistula etc. As this formulation is best for the treatment of wounds then it is beneficial in open wounds, cuts, burns, blisters, non healing wounds etc. It has good wound healing properties. It fastens the wound healing process. It treats the itching, burning sensation and pain on the affected site of the body.
Dosha Karma (Effects On Dosha)
It balances Pitta and Kapha dosha
How To Apply
- Apply directly over the affected part twice or thrice times
Classical Indication (Rogadhikar)
- Vrana (Wounds)
- Burning sensation
- Irritated skin
- Skin disorders
- It should be used for external application
- Internal use may cause some side effects
This is the safest herbal oil formulation for the treatment of various wounds. This is also safe in pregnant and lactating women for local application. You can also use Planet Ayurveda Jatyadi oil for better results as they are purely herbal and are in extracted form. They are also chemical free and additives free formulations.