Bol parpati is an Ayurvedic formulation. This formulation is prepared from the combination of herbal and mineral ingredients. This is used in the treatment of gynecological issues such as leucorrhea, heavy bleeding etc. Bol is a versatile gum resin. This Ayurvedic formulation is in powder form mainly indicated in bleeding disorders. Parpati is a word that is derived from Parpata which means papad. Parpati is mainly prepared by Parada (mercury) and Gandhak (sulphur). This parpati has digestive, carminative and bowel binding properties.
- Bola (Commiphora myrrha)
- Shuddha Parada (Purified Mercury)
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified Sulphur)
Reference:- Ayurved Sar Sangrah
Description Of The Ingredients
- Bola: Bola is basically a versatile resin. It has a bitter, pungent and astringent taste. This ingredient is mainly used in the treatment of leucorrhea, heavy bleeding, painful joints, gout, blood disorders, dysuria, amenorrhea etc. It mainly balances kapha and pitta. It is also used locally to treat boils, abscesses, gum disorders, sore throats, etc.
- Shuddha Parada: This is a mineral compound used in various medicinal preparations. This is used in medicines after shodhana karma (purification process) as it has impurities and if someone consumes this doshita parada, then he/she gets many diseases. Shuddha parada has many medicinal properties and is used in the treatment of fever, abdominal and respiratory problems etc. It also acts as a rasayan (rejuvenator).
- Shuddha Gandhak: It is a yellow substance present in nature. It is obtained from different ores. It is also purified first to remove impurities from gandhak. After purification it is used in medicines as a main ingredient. Thus purified gandhak is used in stimulating digestive fire and also used in the treatment of skin disease, infections etc. Gandhak can remove toxins from the body and thus also act as a blood purifier.
Method Of Preparation
- Prepare kajjali from parada and gandhak.
- Then heat this kajjali over the low flames until it changes into liquid form.
- After this procedure add bola churna in this kajjali.
- After adding just pressed this formulation with the help of two plates or in between two flat utensils to get papad shaped parpati.
- The final resultant yield is bol parpati and is black in colour.
Bol parpati is a classical ayurvedic formulation. The ingredients in this formulation are very effective in treating conditions such leucorrhea, dysmenorrhea, heavy bleeding etc. This parpati is also used in pediatric cases. It is helpful to cure all the children’s cases. It is a wonderful remedy for bleeding disorders. This parpati is also used in post delivery cases to stop the bleeding. This also helps to maintain a healthy menstrual cycle. In Bloody diarrhea, bol parpati is used with a combination of akik pishti or kamdudha ras or chandrakala ras.
Classical Indication (Rogadhikar)
- Artav vikar (Menstrual disorders)
- Bleeding piles
- Bloody diarrhea
- Uterine fibroids
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn’s disease
Dosha Karma (Effects on Dosha)
- It balances pitta dosha
125 mg twice a day with honey and jaggery or with the extract of durva (Cynodon dactylon).
- Strictly take under the guidance of physician.
- Avoid in pregnant women.
- Overdose may cause poisonous side effects.
This article has discussed the importance of Bol parpati. This is a very effective herb in treating Gynecological disorders and also bleeding disorders. Every third woman in this world is suffering from Gynecological issues. In Spite of taking external hormones and Allopathic medicines, just try to adapt ayurvedic herbal remedies in your daily routine. So it is better to take Bol parpati for your concern without any side effects if taken under the physician’s advice.