Bakuchi is a wonderful Ayurvedic herb. It contains numerous medicinal benefits. It is also known as Kushthaghani i.e. effective in managing various skin diseases. The babchi oil is extracted from the seeds of bakuchi. Babchi oil is very effective in a variety of skin disorders. It is also beneficial for the respiratory and reproductive health of the body.
Description of The Ingredients
- Bakuchi: It is also known as Psoralea corylifolia. Bakuchi is also known as babchi, kushthaghani, krishnafala, putifali, etc.The plant of bakuchi is available all over India. It is cultivated abundantly in the regions of Punjab and Rajasthan in India. It helps in improving digestion. It is very good for the health of the heart. It is an aphrodisiac. It helps in managing the febrile conditions. It improves the neurological health of the body. It helps in maintaining blood glucose levels. It has anthelmintic properties also. It is known to increase sweating and is very beneficial in skin disorders. The seeds of bakuchi (Psoralea corylifolia) are used for various medicinal purposes. The oil extracted from the seeds is used externally as well as internally according to the condition of the patient and the disease.
Method Of Preparation
- Babchi oil is prepared according to the sneha paka vidhi described in Ayurveda. The seeds of bakuchi are soaked overnight in sixteen times water.
- The next morning, it is heated and reduced to one fourth quantity, This is known as kwath.
- Then, sesame oil along with the paste of bakuchi, is added.
Heat till there is no more trace of water left.
It is effective in managing vata and kapha disorders. It is very beneficial in different types of skin diseases such as mahakushtha, shvitra, etc. It is also helpful in managing baldness. As per classical ayurvedic texts, it is indicated in all types of kushtha roga (Leprosy) like kapal (Non lepromatous leprosy), Udumber (lepromatous leprosy), Sidham (Pityriasis leprosy), Ekkushtah (psoriasis), Charmakhya (Xeroderma), Dadru (Ringworm infection), pama (scabies, vicharchika (eczema) and visphota (Exanthemata).
It is hot in potency. The rasa of bakuchi is katu (pungent), tikta (bitter). It helps in pacifying the excess of kapha and vata dosha from the body.
- Product form – This product comes in oil form.
- Package type – bottle pack.
- Package quantity – 100 ml.
- Product pack available – this product can be bought in packs of 1 to 2 bottles.
Direction For Uses
Apply over the affected area once or twice daily.
Kushtha roga (Skin diseases)
- Lepromatous Leprosy
- Non- Lepromatous Leprosy
Overdose may cause skin allergies, rashes, etc.
All the herbal products manufactured by Planet Ayurveda are free from chemicals, preservatives, starch, yeast, additives, colors and fillers. They are 100 percent natural and are formulated by MD Ayurvedic doctors with deep knowledge of Ayurveda and many years of experience. Babchi oil is one such product prepared by Planet Ayurveda. Babchi oil is a very effective Ayurvedic preparation. It is very effective in a variety of conditions when used in appropriate quantities. It should be used according to the advice of the Ayurvedic physician.