Ayurveda Sar Sangrah/Shodhan-Maran prakran/101
Abhrak bhasma is an ayurvedic herbal formulation prepared using calx of the mica i.e. Abhrak. Its chemical formula is K(Mg,Fe)3AlSi3O10(F,OH)2. Abhrak is well known for its various health benefits including reproductive health problems, abdominal and liver disorders, and psychological disorders. This formulation is a wonderful rasayan and can be given as anupana (adjuvant) in every disease.
- Abhrak (Mica)
- Ark dugdha (Calotropis gigantea)
Description of The Ingredient
- Abhrak : It is a very potent herb which possesses anti-inflammatory and purgative properties and aids in managing intestinal troubles like constipation, pain in abdomen etc. It has a great effect on enhancing the libido and fertility in both men and women thus, sustaining hormone balance. It also sorts all types of respiratory infections and psychological ailments.
- Ark Dugdha : This is used in the treatment of abdominal diseases, edema, anemia, jaundice, tuberculosis, chronic fever, cough, asthma etc. This ingredient is light, digestive and improves strength.
Method of Preparation
Normally abhrak bhasma is prepared via the calcinations process which is known as Puta in Ayurveda. The number of puta defines the quality and therapeutic efficacy of abhrak bhasma. The method of preparation of sahastraputti abhrak bhasma is:
- Take abhrak Bhasma and give bhavana with Ark dugdha (milk secretion of Calotropis gigantea)
- After bhavana, give 1000 puta (calcination) to abhrak bhasma
- The obtained bhasma is sahastraputa abhrak bhasma
Abhrak Bhasma is a classical ayurvedic formulation that is used for treating and managing various health problems such as infertility and libido, cough, asthma, stress, anxiety, indigestion etc. This calx is mainly used for reproductive problems, respiratory problems and liver and digestive ailments. This potent mineral formulation is helpful in pacifying Tridosha i.e. vata, pitta and kapha. Being a powerful rasayan (rejuvenator), this bhasma not only provides energy but also has a calming effect on both the mind and body. Abhrak bhasma has medhya (improves intelligence), balya (improves muscle strength), deepan (appetizer), pachan (digestion), jwaraghan (useful in fever), kasahara (relieves cough), garbh prada (treats infertility) properties.
Dosha Karma (Effects on Dosha)
- It balances all three dosha
- 125 mg to 250 mg twice a day with different anupana (adjuvant) on different disease or only with honey
- Acts as an wonderful rejuvenator
- Enhances muscle strength
- Helps in improving intelligence
- A good antipyretic
- Improves vision
- Calms the body and nerves
- Shield from intestinal troubles
- Maintains healthy body functioning
Anupana (Adjuvant) of Abhrak Bhasma on Different Diseases
- In Diabetes : Give abhrak bhasma with haldi (Curcuma longa) mixed honey
- In Tuberculosis : Give abhrak bhasma with ¼ swarna bhasma (gold calx) mixed with sitopaladi churna or chyawanprash
- In Bleeding Disorders : Mix abhrak bhasma with gurh (jaggery) or Shakkar (brown sugar) and Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) powder or Elaichi (Elettaria cardamomum) powder and give it with Durva swaras (extract of Cynodon dactylon).
- In Acidity : Give this bhasma with Amla (Embliuca officinalis) powder in 900 mg
- For Increasing Sperm Count : Give abhrak bhasma with Bhanga (Cannabis sativa) powder
- In Burning Sensation : Give abhrak bhasma with sugar, white sugar and cow’s milk
- In Heart Diseases : Give 125 mg bhasma with 125 mg Moti pishti and 250 mg bark of Arjun (Terminalia arjuna) mixed with honey
- Keep away from children
- Avoided in lactation and pregnancy
- Store it in a cool and dry place
- Can be taken under expert’s supervision
We concluded at last that Abhrak bhasma is a wonderful mineral formulation. It gives good results in almost every disease if given with a proper adjuvant. Take this bhasma with proper advice and in the proper way so that you can prevent yourself from unnecessary side effects because intake of any bhasma in an improper way may lead to some complications.