What is Kutki Powder?
Kutki powder is made of single herb Picrorhiza Kurroa which has numerous ayurvedic actions which makes it useful in many diseases. The herb has the potency to remove the toxins and is a popular liver tonic. It also burns Ama and reduces the heat in the body due to its cooling properties.
|S. No.||Herb Used||Latin Name||Quantity|
|1.||Kutki||Picrorhiza kurrooa||100 gm|
Description of the herb
Kutki herb is bitter-tasting roots of Picrorhiza kurroa which is hard, 6-10 inches in length and is a creeper. Leaves of the herbal plant are long by 2-4 inches, oval in shape with a sharp apex, flat, and serrate. The flowers of the herb are white or pale purple on a long spike, and the fruit is a ½ inch long and oval in shape. Which blooms in June through August. This herbal plant grows in the hilly regions of the North-Western Himalayan region from Kashmir to Kumaun and Garhwal regions of India and Nepal.
Kutki herb is known by other names also:-
Classification of the herb:-
- Kingdom – Plantae
- Family – Plantaginaceae
- Genus – Picrorhiza
- Spices – P. Kurroa
Ayurvedic properties and Ayurvedic benefits of Kutki
The single herbal Kaunch beej powder has the potency to balance the Pitta and Kapha doshas. As the powder is made of single herb so it has all the benefits of the herb in it.
- Guna (Qualities) – Ruksa, Laghu (Light to digest)
- Rasa (Taste) – Tikta – Bitter
- Veerya – Sheeta (Cold Potency)
- Vipaka – taste conversion after digestion – Katu (Pungent)
- Asrajit – useful in bleeding disorder, menorrhagia, nasal bleeding etc.
- Dahajit – Gives relief in burning sensation – Diabetic neuropathy
- Arochaka – beneficial in anorexia
- Vishamajvara – Useful in chronic fever
- Deepani – Improves digestion and metabolism
- Hrudya – Good for heart
- Bhedani, Rechani – Diarrhea
- Kapha Pitta Jwarapaha – Useful in fever due to kapha and Pitta origin
- Prameha – Useful in urinary tract disorder, diabetes
- Shvasa – Beneficial in asthma, dyspnoea
- Kasa – Useful in cough and cold
- Kushtahara – beneficial in skin disorder
What are the medicinal properties of Kutki powder?
It is Anticoagulant, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, digestive, energetic, hepatoprotective, analgesic, bronchodilator, anti-fungal, antiseptic and others. Due to these properties of the powder, it is thus helpful in many health issues as mentioned below.
What are the Indications of Kutki powder?
- Liver Disease
- Digestive System
- Boosts immunity
- Chronic fever
- A Migraine
- Skin disorder
- Weight loss
- Inflamed/ enlarged liver
- Bronchial Asthma
How is Katuki powder helpful in the fatty liver?
The Katuki powder has a hepatoprotective property which eases the swelling, removes the toxins, and increases the immunity. Kutki herb has the function of secreting bile which helps your liver enzymes to come down at the normal levels. By the use of herbal powder liver gets strength which became weaker after consuming toxins, including alcohol, cigarette smoke, and certain medications. By the use of this herbal powder the viral load gets normal and the jaundice level also healthy level.
How is Katuki powder helpful in Digestion?
Kutki powder improves the digestion power by reducing the production of Ama and increases the digestive fire (Agni) which leads to Problems like bowel movements, constipation, and excessive gas formation. Kutki plant has laxative properties which is carried in the powder as it is single herbal powder, which treats constipation, nausea, and vomiting.
How is Katuki powder helpful in bleeding disorder?
Katuki powder has Anticoagulant property which makes it useful in bleeding disorder.
How is Katuki powder beneficial in skin disorder?
Kutki herb has the property which can make the skin glow and treat many skin problems. It has an antioxidant property which treats the skin disorders. Use of the herbal powder can treat dermatitis, skin allergies, deep wounds, and other disorders.
How is Katuki powder helpful in weight loss?
By the use of herbal powder increases the appetite and helps in losing your weight. The use of it reduces gastric secretions and improves the appetite. The Benefit of this powder is it prevents eating disorder symptoms like fatigue, weight loss etc.
How is Katuki powder helpful in Arthritis?
The herbal powder has an anti-inflammatory, analgesic property which eases the inflammation and gives relief in the pain. It is also helpful in the fever which due to pain and stiffness suffered by Arthritis patient.
Is Kutki powder is good for Heart Health?
Kutki powder is also taken as a cardio tonic for its health-giving benefits for the heart. Because the herb is rich in antioxidant property and can fight inflammation. This property of it is good for cardiovascular health. The apocynin property which works as an anti-inflammatory prevents blockage in the arteries and avoids heart attacks.
What are the other benefits of Kutki powder?
- Kutki powder has an anti-inflammatory agent and also prevents clattering of blood platelets.
- It is a hepato-protective tonic which normal functioning of the liver.
- The anti-oxidant properties of the powder help in promoting the immune system in our body.
- Kutki powder has the property to treat the respiratory disorders like Bronchial Asthma.
- It makes the digestive system more active.
- It controls the movement of the bowel by managing and avoiding chronic constipation and diarrhea.
- Kutki powder removes excess acid which is the cause of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, and in turn, prevents dyspepsia.
- The use of Picorrhiza kurroa herb is considered as a natural medicine to prevent skin diseases like Vitiligo and Psoriasis.
- The herb is a hepatic stimulant because it increases the secretion of many digestive enzymes.
- It also has some anti-parasitic properties.
- Kutki powder is also beneficial in losing weight and helps to eliminate the worms inside the intestine.
What Makes Kutki powder Special?
Kutki powder is considered as a liver tonic in Ayurveda. Ayurvedic and Chinese Medicine used the herb to support healthy liver, digestive, elimination, skin, immunity, and respiratory function. As it has the boosting antioxidants like glutathione and many liver enzymes, it supports detoxification and immunity through both the liver and the lymphatic system.
- Package type: Herbal Powder
- Package Quantity : 100gm bottle
- This herbal powder is free from chemicals, preservatives, yeast, pesticides, starch and etc.
- Dosage: ½ to 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after 30 mins of the meal.
- If one has a headache, dizziness, difficulty breathing (dyspnea), abdominal pain, and even vomiting after use should immediately consult a physician
- Pregnant women, lactating mothers, and children should avoid it.
- It there is too much of lightness and dryness than it should be taken into notice.
- One with very poor and weak digestive system should avoid it as it results to gas and diarrhea.