Jamun Churna is an Ayurvedic Churna with numerous health benefits. It is commonly used for controlling blood sugar levels in diabetic patients. It is also used for treating bleeding disorders and other diseases.
- Weight – 100gm
- Dosage – One teaspoonful two times a day with plain water after meals.
- Herb Used – Jamun
- Botanical Name – Syzygium Cumini
- Family – Myrtaceae
- Parts Used – Seeds
General Description of Herb
Jamun also called Jambul or java plum is native to India and indigenous parts of Indian folk medicines. Jamun seeds are mainly used in Ayurvedic treatment. Jamun is a seasonal fruit which is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and iron. It is a rich source of anti-oxidants and this herb is fully loaded with flavonoids that is very essential for overall health.
What are Ayurvedic Medicinal Properties of Jamun Churna?
- Taste (Rasa) – Astringent (Kashaya), Sweet (Madhur), Sour (Amla).
- Qualities (Guna) – Lightness (Laghu), Dry (Ruksha)
- Metabolic Property after Digestion (Vipaka) – Pungent (Katu).
- Potency (Veerya) – Sheeta (Cold)
What is Jamun Churna’s effect on Tri-dosha?
It balances Kapha and Pitta Dosha.
What are the therapeutic uses of Jamun Churna?
- This Churna works miraculously in diabetes. It is wonderful medicine for the patients of hyperglycemia as it maintains the low glycemic index in the body.
- It has a blood purifying action as Jamun Churna is rich in iron. Iron ensures proper blood supply of oxygenated blood throughout the body.
- Jamun Churna make body capable of fighting against malaria and various other microbial and bacterial infections. This is because it contains chemical compounds like oxalic acid and Gallic acid.
- This Churna is very beneficial for overall health of eyes and skin due to its high content of vitamin A and vitamin C. Astringent property of Jamun Churna makes skin healthy, free from acne and pimple and glowing.
- It is very beneficial for problems like abdominal pain, dysentery, and flatulence.
- Anemia can be treated with the help of this Churna and it also improves sexual weakness and hence is considered to be an aphrodisiac.
- Jamun Churna can help in treating the condition of lungs like asthma, bronchitis, and cough.
- This Churna is also useful in treating leucorrhea.
- It improves digestion and increases appetite.
- Jamun Churna has anti-helminthic property, helps to expel worms out of the body.
- This Churna increases absorption so it is useful in treating mal-absorption syndrome and diarrhea.
- Liver disorders can be treated with the regular use of this Churna.
- It can treat infections as it has astringent action. This Churna decreases pus formation and accumulation, also stop the progress of the infection.
- Jamun Churna subside nausea and vomiting.
- Due to its antioxidant properties, Jamun Churna treats a number of health ailments. It scavenges free radicals and combat oxidative stress.
- It increases the immunity of the body and makes the body strong enough to fight against diseases.
- Jamun Churna combat oxidative stress and prevent heart diseases. It protects heart cells against the bad effect of free radicals.
- This Churna reduces abdominal fullness, burning sensation, and abdominal discomfort.
- It helps to treat chronic colitis as Jamun Churna reduces inflammation of the colon linings. Astringent effect of this churna reduces the frequency of bloody stools.
- Rectal bleeding can be treated with the help of this Churna as it has astringent action.
- This Churna has anti-tumor activity and it inhibits the growth of the tumor because Jamun Churna detoxify the harmful cancer-causing cells. Multiplication of the cancer cells is also reduced. Hence prevent spread of cancer to other organs.
- It has liver protective property. The liver is exposed too much toxins, drugs and infectious agents which causes injury to the liver. This lead to the generation of the free radicals which impair the normal structure and function of the liver. Blood sugar level and liver enzymes increases. Jamun Churna reduce the level of blood sugar and liver enzymes and restore the normal structure and function of the liver.
- This Churna has beneficial effects in the treatment of type-2 diabetes mellitus as Jamun Churna has insulin stimulatory effects. Jamun Churna increase the secretion of insulin.
- Jamun Churna has gut protective property. Many drugs taken can cause damage to inner-lining of the gut. Tannins present in this Churna reduce the damage caused by these drugs. It reduces the concentration of free radicals in the gut.
- The anti lipidemic activity of this Churna helps to lower high blood cholesterol levels. It reduces high levels of VLDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, total cholesterol, and triglyceride levels.
- This Churna increases the excretion of bile acids, so more cholesterol is used for the formation of bile rather than being stored in the body. This is because its fiber has a gelling property which gets bound to bile acid and increases its excretion in the feces.
- Jamun Churna is beneficial for treating acne and boils occurring especially in the summer season.
- It has wound healing property. Hence it speeds up the recovery and healing.
- This Churna increases the body’s ability to fight against viruses and allergies as it possesses anti-microbial and anti-allergic properties.
Planet Ayurveda manufactures this powder under strict Ayurvedic principles. Several reasons which make it superior to other similar products are
- This powder is 100% Ayurvedic.
- It is purely vegetarian Churna.
- Jamun Churna powder does not contain any chemicals, preservatives, starch, additives, colors, yeast, binders or fillers.
- Its testing is not done on animals.
- This Churna is available at Planet Ayurveda at a reasonable price with the best quality.
- Only pure Ayurvedic herbs of the best quality are used.
- Standardized extracts are used in the preparation of this Churna.
- Only organic products are used for ensuring better results.