This dhanya panchak kwath is a classical formulation which is in liquid decoction form. Its name is made from two words dhanya meaning dhaniya its one of the contents and panchak means 5 ingredients as it has a total of 5 herbs in this formulation. This formulation is mainly made to enhance digestion and solve digestion related disorders. It is a famous quote that “A good digestion turneth all to health” means when the digestion is good it will lead to a good overall health of a person and when a person is healthy he will be able to do all his chores effectively so the main focus should be on how to maintain a good digestion for overall health benefits. People are eating processed and packed food, grains which are grown by using pesticides, drinking milk which are produced by giving artificial oxytocin injection to the cows and buffaloes, these adulterations in the eatables has a negative impact on digestion.
It contains 5 ayurvedic herbs with one sweetening agent (Gur), It contains following ingredients:
- Sonth (Zingiber officinale)
- Nagarmotha (Cyperus rotundus)
- Sugandh Bala (Valeriana wallichi)
- Dhania (Coriandrum sativum)
- Belgiri (Aegle marmelos)
- Gur (Jaggery/Saccharum officinarum)
Each 10 ml. contains aqueous extract derived:-
|Sr. No.||Indian Name||Botanical Name||Parts Used||Quantity|
|1.||Sonth||Zingiber officinalis||Rhizome||1 Part|
|2.||Nagarmotha||Cyperus rotundus||Root||1 Part|
|3.||Sugandhabala||Valeriana Wallichi||Stem||1 Part|
|4.||Dhania||Coriandrum sativum||Seed||1 Part|
|5.||Belgiri||Aegle marmelos||Fruit||1 Part|
|6.||Gur||Saccharum officinarum||100 Parts|
Ref. Ayurvedic Text – [ शा. सं / A.F.I. (1) ]
Description Of The Ingredients
All the herbs in this aristha are having certain properties due to which they are added in this
- Sonth – Dry ginger is termed as sonth. The Tubular part is used for making this formulation. It is katu (Pungent) in taste. It has heavy, unctuous and sharp properties and undergoes sweet-taste conversion after digestion. It improves taste so it can be given in anorexic conditions and helps in improving digestive strength. It is very helpful in conditions like ascites and bloating conditions and helps in absorbing excessive fluid from the body. Sonth helps in relieving constipation.
- Nagarmotha – It is very helpful in treating conditions like burning sensation, excessive thirst and also in conditions like diarrhea, dyspepsia, and herpes-like conditions. This herb is bitter, pungent and astringent in taste with dry and light digestive properties. It has cold potency due to which it balances the kapha and pitta dosha. Nagarmotha is deepniya (Improves digestion) and it is also used for treating tastelessness, gastritis, worm infestations, breast milk purification, perspiration in excess and IBS. It can be used for the mother who has given birth recently as it helps in improving the breast milk.
- Sugandh Bala – Stem of the sugandh bala is used for the making of this formulation and in ayurveda it is kept in group of herbs like sheetaprashmana (Cold relieving herbs), tikta skandha (Bitter tasting group of herbs). It is pungent, bitter and astringent in taste with light to digest and slimy in nature. Tagar undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion and helps in balancing all the three doshas. It is indicated in abdominal pain as it acts as a carminative for the digestive system.
- Dhaniya – Dhaniya seeds are used for making this formulation and it has properties like light in digestion and unctuous in nature. Taste of dhaniya is astringent and bitter with a sweet taste after digestion. Helps in balancing all the three doshas, improves digestion and taste of the person so helpful in anorexia. It can be used in relieving bad odor. Dhaniya is grahi in nature which means absorbent due to which it is very beneficial for the malabsorption syndrome and diarrhea. It is also used for conditions like vomiting, burning sensation, hemorrhoids and worm infestation.
- Belgiri – Seeds of the bel fruit is known as belgiri which is used in this formulation. It has been kept in the group of herbs which are known as shothara (Herbs which relieve inflammation), arsho ghana (Herbs which treat hemorrhoids), asthapanopag (Herbs useful in basti treatment). It is helpful in digestion as it relieves abdominal pain and also it helps in controlling loose stools. Belgiri is astringent in taste and helps in relieving vata and kapha dosha from the body and balances pitta dosha. It provides strength to the digestive system and counteracts the action of a laxative so it can help in treating diarrhea.
- Gur – Gur is a natural sweetening agent which is used for making this formulation. Gur has a sweet and astringent taste also it is helpful in digestion and it itself is light to digest. Gur is sweet in taste but it does not increase the kapha dosha to a large extent. It provides many nutrients to the person like vitamins and minerals. Cleanses the intestines and feces of a person, also cleanses the stomach and also helps in promoting the taste of the formulation. As it increases the digestion of a person so it will lead to the dhatu pushti and helps in treating anemia.
Method Of Preparation
Following method is used for the preparation of the dhanyak panchak kwath:
- All the ingredients are beaten to a coarse powder-like consistency.
- Then the powdered products are boiled in water and when it remains 1/4th of the starting content then it is filtered out and put in glass jars or bottles.
Following are the medicinal properties which are found in
dhanyak panchak kwath:
- It acts as a digestive tonic
- Liver tonic as hepatoprotective action
- Relieves anorexia
- Anti- diarrheal
- It helps in calming vata and kapha dosha and balancing pitta dosha.
In classical books it is indicated in conditions mentioned below:
- Amashula (pain due to indigestion)
- Grahi (Stops diarrhea)
- Deepana (Digestive)
- Pachana (carminative)
It can be used in conditions like digestion of ama dosha as it helps in digestion and due to its deepana pachana properties. Helps in relieving acidity due to the cold potency of the dhanyak, and also pain acts as antispasmodic and helps in relieving abdominal pain which can be due to the indigestion or flatulence. Due to the belgiri it helps in relieving the diarrhea and also it can help in stopping the mucus in the stools. It can be given in IBS and Ulcerative colitis patients as it does not increase the pitta dosha. This can be given to the patient who has a worm infestation. It acts as a liver stimulant so it will increase the production of the bile and enzymes. It helps to increase the appetite of a person so it can be given to the people with loss of appetite. Can also be given to the people with generalized weakness as it increases the digestion so it will increase the digestion of vitamins and minerals.
This formulation can be taken in the dosage of 10-24 ml.
This medication is to be taken under the supervision of medical supervision
- Generally it doesn’t have any side effects but using it for a long period of time can lead to severe side effects like gastritis.
- It should be avoided by the pregnant ladies and lactating mothers.
This kwath medication is the classical medication from the book sharangdhar samhita. He has indicated this formulation in gastric disorders, as this medication is in liquid decoction formulation so it is easy to take and also easily absorbed.
There are no reviews yet.