It is an ayurvedic powder used mainly for the treatment of infectious diseases. This powder also helps to relieve inflammatory conditions like fever and skin diseases. It is completely safe and purely ayurvedic. Chiretta powder is made from a single herb called Chiretta.
- Weight – 100 gm
- Dosage – Half to 1 teaspoonful twice a day with plain water after the meals.
- Ingredient – Chiretta
- Botanical name – Swertia chirayita
- Family – Gentianaceae
General Description of Chiretta
Chiretta is a medicinal plant which is being used in Ayurveda since ages for various ailments. It is found in the Himalayas between and Kashmir and Bhutan at 1200-1500 m altitude. It is being used for various skin diseases. Various properties of Chiretta are:-
What are the medicinal properties of Chiretta Powder?
- Taste (Rasa) – Bitter (Tikta)
- Qualities (Guna) – Light to digest (Laghu), Dry (Rooksha)
- Conversion after digestion (Vipaka) – Pungent (Katu)
- Potency (Veerya) – Cold (Sheeta)
What is Chiretta powder’s effect on tri-dosha?
This powder balances Kapha and Pitta.
What are the therapeutic uses Chiretta Powder?
- This powder is used to treat bleeding disorders like menorrhagia and nasal bleeding.
- It has anti-inflammatory effects. This powder helps to relieve pain, swelling, and redness of the affected part.
- Chiretta powder treats cough and cold. It relieves cough by relieving the congestion in upper and lower respiratory tract.
- This powder has anti-pyretic activity. It lowers down the body temperature in fever.
- It reduces the bulk of stool and helps in easy bowel movement. This treats constipation and increases appetite.
- Chiretta powder is useful in intestinal worm infestations. It eliminates worms from intestines as it possesses anthelmintic property, i.e. destroys or kills the worms.
- Recurrent fevers in children can be treated by using the chiretta powder.
- This powder effectively treats urinary tract infections. Burning during micturition, pain during passing urine, fever, and itching is relieved.
- Chiretta powder induces quick wound healing. It relieves pain and swelling around the wound initially and gradually helps the body to heal the wound.
- It helps to relieve asthmatic symptoms like wheezing and difficulty in breathing. Asthma usually lowers immunity and strength of the patient, this powder boosts up the immunity and increases strength. Chiretta improves overall health.
- Burning sensation is relieved by this powder. It has a cooling effect on the skin which soothes and nourishes skin.
- Chiretta treats liver disorders. Relives symptoms like loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting and weight loss.
- This powder relieves dyspepsia and increases appetite. Burning and acidity are treated effectively by this powder.
- Chiretta has hepatoprotective properties. The hepatoprotective word is self-explanatory, i.e. it protects the liver. This powder helps to get rid of toxins from the body and also contributes towards the healthy liver. Chiretta powder helps to regenerate liver cells.
- This powder eliminates parasites like roundworms, helminths, flukes, and tapeworms from the body. Symptoms caused due to the parasite invasion in the body is healed by this powder. Anemia and diarrhea can be treated by it.
- Chiretta is known to be the best friend of skin. Its antioxidant property helps to clear the skin. This powder treats various skin conditions like rashes, inflammation, itching, burning sensation, and redness effectively.
- This powder treats anemia. It helps to produce more blood in the body. As we know anemia can create a life-threatening conditions if not treated. Anemia is more common in females as compared to males.
- Diabetes – It is a lifestyle disease that has spread like wildfire due to irregular food habits, increased stress and improper lifestyle. This powder reduce the amount of sugar present in the blood by stimulating the cells of the pancreas to secrete insulin.
- Anti-cancer – Chiretta consists of powerful antioxidants which prevents the lesion in the pancreas and if progressing inhibits the growth of abnormal cells. This powder is most effective in cases of liver cancer. This one of the most important properties of the Chiretta.
What is the effect of Chiretta powder on fever?
Chiretta relieves fever caused by cold and flu efficiently. This powder also works on malarial fever, convulsions, and fever.
What can be the side-effects of this powder?
There are no known side-effects and can be taken safely under a physician’s supervision. This powder is safe for children and lactating mothers.
What are the advantages of Chiretta Powder by Planet Ayurveda?
Planet Ayurveda manufactures this powder under strict Ayurvedic principles. Several reasons which make it superior to other similar products are:-
- This powder is 100% ayurvedic.
- It is purely vegetarian churna.
- Daruhaldi powder does not contain any chemicals, preservatives, starch, additives, colors, yeast, binders or fillers.
- Its testing is not done on animals.
- This churna is available at Planet Ayurveda at a reasonable price with the best quality.
- Only pure Ayurvedic herbs of the best quality are used.
- Standardized extracts are used in the preparation of this churna.
- Only organic products are used for ensuring better results.