Brahmi Powder – An Herbal Brain Tonic
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) is a therapeutic and traditional herb, native to North India and Thailand.
- It is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine as a memory enhancer, aphrodisiac, stress reliever and general tonic.
- Brahmi is named after the Hindu God Brahma, who is associated with great intellect and responsible for all "creative forces" in the world.
- Brahmi, as its name suggests gives ‘supreme knowledge’ where it has been used for many centuries to sharpen memory.
- Brahmi powder is made from the leaves of Bacopa monnieri. It is non-aromatic soft, perennial, creeping herb with succulent leaves.
- It is referred to as the oldest and most powerful brain tonic used in an Ayurvedic system from ancient times.
- This herb is best used in brain related disorders as the leaf of the Brahmi resembles to structure of cerebellum and promotes intelligence.
- Brahmi is an Ayurvedic herb, also used for gut infections.
- Brahmi contains alkaloids brahmin, serotonin, gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA), bacaposide, narcotine, cucurbitacin and triterpenoid saponins which are very effective to the body.
- Brahmi is used to sharpen intelligence and to fight against mental disorders.
- It is an anti-oxidant and cell protective in nature.
- Brahmi is a Sanskrit name that refers to the feminine essence as well as the creative potential.
- This herb is highly referred for their mind-enhancing properties.
- Brahmi supports the nervous system as a whole.
Health Benefits of Brahmi Powder
- Brahmi powder has cognitive properties which support brain functions.
- It supports mental focus, clarity, cognitive capability etc.
- Brahmi is a potent herb to protect mental degeneration.
- It has stress relieving properties and very good for the nervous system.
- Brahmi powder manages stress, improves hair growth & calm the mind.
- Brahmi is a water loving herb, has the ability for improving memory and mental functions.
- It relieves anxiety and depression.
- Brahmi has an antioxidant and neuro-protective action. The antioxidant compounds protecting against the neural oxidative stress associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Brahmi also stimulates the brain’s own chemicals i.e. acetylcholine a neurotransmitter, that protect neural cells.
- Brahmi is very well famous herb for reducing the stress hormone i.e. cortisol
- It produces serotonin, the hormone which calms the mind and decreases anxiety.
- Brahmi is very effective in neurodegenerative diseases. It helps to remove toxins like acrylamide.
- Brahmi powder helps to strengthen the immune system by fighting against various pathogens, viruses or bacterial infections.
- Brahmi powder supports focus and concentration and supports healthy blood cells
- It is very good for skin and hair to maintain healthily.
Ingredients of Brahmi Powder
|S. No.||Herb Used||Latin Name||Quantity|
|1.||Brahmi||Bacopa monnieri||100 gm|
Ayurvedic Properties of Bacopa monnieri (Brahmi)
|Hindi / Sanskrit||English|
|Rasa||Kashay, Tikta||Taste||Astringent, Bitter|
|Vipaka||Madhur||Metabolic Property (After Digestion)||Sweet|
Effects on Doshas
Brahmi powder balances Vata and Kapha doshas in the body.
Uses of Bacopa monnieri
- Brahmi Powder effective for healthy brain performances.
- It helps in strengthening the mind and keeping it alert.
- Brahmi Powder acts as memory enhancer.
- Moreover, Brahmi is not only effective for the Brain; it has many other properties to keeps the body fit.
- It is good for blood circulation, the functions of the liver, lungs and kidneys.
- It pacifies Kapha (water), Vata (air) in the body.
- Often, it is called ‘the food for the brain, as it increases psychological and physical co-ordination.
- The Liver is an organ which detoxifies the body and Brahmi is very essential herb for enhancing liver functions, as it removes toxins from the body.
- Brahmi also maintains normal blood pressure in our body, as it brings healthy vascular system.
- It enhances memory, rejuvenates mind and improves concentration.
- It is also prevents gastric ulceration and good for the healing of ulcers.
- Brahmi powder used in asthma because it also has bronchodilatory effects.
- Brahmi is also very effective in insomnia.
- It is used in epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, memory loss, mental retardation.
- Brahmi powder is good for voice hoarseness and backaches.
1/2 to 1 teaspoonful to be taken twice daily with plain water after the meals.
- Packaged Type: Herbal Powder
- Packaged Quantity: 100 gm/ bottle
There are no known side-effects with this herb if consumed in the prescribed dosage.
Advantages of Brahmi Powder by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda has manufactured this Powder. This is a unique herbal formulation as per industry standards and there are several reasons which make it superior to any other similar products available in the market. They are:
- Only pure herbal powders and no other chemicals or preservatives are used in the preparation of this herbal formulation.
- For ensuring better results, only pure herbs are used.
- Planet Ayurveda offers good quality of products at reasonable and competitive prices.
- Testing of the medicine is not done on animals.
Place your order now and enjoy the benefits of Planet Ayurveda’s Brahmi Powder. Opt for other Planet Ayurveda products as well for a healthy lifestyle. Choose from our wide range of Ayurvedic supplements, capsules, herb powders and oils and order conveniently through our website.