Effective Herbal Supplements for Angina Management
|1||Heart Support||2 Bottles (120 Capsules)|
|2||Arjun Tea||4 Pack (125 gm Each)|
|3||Arjuna Capsules||2 Bottles (120 Capsules)|
WHAT IS ANGINA?
Angina is a disorder that signifies the underlying more severe heart problem named as Coronary Heart disease which is the blockage in the coronary arteries of the heart. It is a heart related disorder wherein there is acute and severe pain in the chest region and the patient experiences severe discomfort. The pain could travel to the neck, arms, jaw, or back of the shoulders. Angina occurs due to lack of blood supply and thereby oxygen to a muscle of your heart. As we know muscles require a strong and continuous flow of oxygen always and lack of oxygen produces discomfort.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF ANGINA?
Angina is more of a symptom than a disease in itself. There are varied kinds of Angina conditions seen.
- Stable Angina: The most usual and commonly seen Angina. It is called Stable as after some episodes you can predict the pattern of occurrence of this Angina. It occurs due to the fact that the heart is under more stress and load than usual.
- Unstable Angina: It is named Unstable as unlike Stable angina it is more unpredictable. Its severity may increase or decrease unexplained. This type of Angina may occur even at rest and it not stress related. It required immediate attention and may lead to heart attack.
- Variant Angina: A rare kind of angina, Variant is usually seen when the patient is at rest or sleeping. It occurs due to a spasm in the coronary artery.
- Microvascular Angina: It occurs due to defect in the micro- tubules or the small tubules carrying blood. This is a very severe angina due to the site of action being very small. It might result in a severe heart attack.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF ANGINA?
Angina occurs due to Coronary artery defects or disease. There is blockage in the coronary artery disturbing the normal functioning of the heart and this lead to Angina. The causes are the same as the causes of Coronary heart disease.
Some generalized causes that are seen across many cases are:
- Cigarette Smoking
- High Salt intake
- High cholesterol in blood
- High Sugar in the blood
- High LDL fats and cholesterol deposits in the body
These causes may eventually lead to plague formation and deposition in the arteries leading to blocking or narrowing of the artery walls and thereby decreasing flow of blood through them.
Also depending on the types of Angina, certain specific causes are:
1. STABLE ANGINA: This type of Angina is more related to stress and activity load. So certain common causes are:
- Physical exertion
- Disturbances on emotional level
- Heavy and fatty meals
- Cigarette smoking
2. UNSTABLE ANGINA: The causes of this type of angina are not specific and certain. Some causes that are seen are blood clots that suddenly block the blood flow.
3. VARIANT ANGINA: This usually occurs due to a spasm in the coronary artery. This can happen due to:
- Cocaine or any strong drug that stops the heart
- Cigarette smoking
- Medications reaction
- Sudden emotional trauma
- Sudden exposure to cold
4. MICROVASCULAR ANGINA: This type occurs due to blockage of some micro-vessels that block the flow of blood through them. This blockage could be due to cholesterol deposits, plague formation, or narrowing of the vessel.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF ANGINA?
Angina is itself a sign of the underlying coronary artery disease. Although there are some symptoms that direct towards angina.
- Stable Angina: It has pain and a feeling of discomfort that is usually predictable. The reason for this pain is physical stress and it usually affects the neck, arms, chest, and shoulder regions. The symptoms usually feel like indigestion.
- Unstable Angina: In unstable angina the pain is not predictable. It usually comes as a surprise while the patient is not involved in any physical stress. The pain is severe, the duration is longer than stable angina.
- Variant angina: The pain is severe and comes on during rest especially late night or early morning hours.
- Microvascular Angina: the pain is more severe than any other type of angina. There may also be difficulty in breathing with shortness of breath and lack of sleep. There are usually sleep troubles with lack of energy.
Some other common symptoms that can be seen in all the type of angina are:
PLANET AYURVEDA’S HERBAL CARE PACKAGE FOR TREATING ANGINA
1. Arjuna Capsules
The bark of the Arjuna tree is used in Ayurveda for treatment of many heart problems such as angina, coronary artery disease, artery blockage, high cholesterol, and blood pressure. It gives strength to the ailing heart and controls the cholesterol levels. This wonderful herb has cardio protective properties. Its regular usage enhances the pumping capacity of the heart, decreases the LDL cholesterol and maintains HDL cholesterol. Arjuna is used for treating artery blockage. It strengthens the heart muscles. The bark of Arjuna is rich in natural oxidants, saponins, gallic acid, phtosterols and oligomeric proanthocyanidin.
Dose – Two capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
2. Total Heart Support
The herbs present in Planet Ayurveda’s Total Heart Support are used to strengthen the cardiac muscle. These capsules are known to effectively high cholesterol, blocked coronary arteries and are even used to prevent congestive heart failure.
- Withania Somnifera: Ashwagandha is also commonly known as ‘Indian ginseng’. It very beneficial for the nervous system. The herb possess anti – inflammatory, antitumor, anti-stress, antioxidant, immunomodulatory, hemopoietic as well rejuvenating properties. It is quite useful in reducing diabetes and blood pressure. It relieves stress, anxiety and enhances physical and mental performance. It gives strength to the muscles and heart muscles to overcome the cardiac ailments.
- Bacopa Monneiri: This herb is used in preventing memory loss, lack of concentration, forgetfulness. It increases the retention power as well as recollection. It is very useful in many mental illnesses also. Regular use also helps in stress, anxiety, blood pressure, hallucinations and epilepsy. It relaxes the nerves and arteries and helps to keep blood pressure in control and provide strength to the mind.
Dose – Two capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
3. ARJUNA TEA
THE INFUSED TEA HAS THE FOLLOWING HERBS:
- Elettaria Cardamomum: It is known as queen of species and a valuable herb in the world of spices. The dried fruits of cardamom plant are used for medicinal purposes. These seeds have pleasant aroma with a pungent taste. The therapeutic properties and aroma of cardamom are because of the volatile oil present in them. Tincture of cardamom is used in Ayurveda for relieving flatulence and as an aid to digestion. The seeds can be used as breath freshener. An infusion made with cardamom and cinnamon cures sore throat and Pharyngitis. Cardamom is used in flavoring cakes, curries, bread and other culinary items. The essential oil of cardamom is useful in perfumery, pharmaceutical industry, flavoring liquors and in the preparation of tinctures.
- Boerhavia Diffusa: This unique herb is found in Upper Himalayas and has been used since several centuries for preventing heart diseases. It eliminates toxins from kidneys and liver effectively. It is known as a rejuvenation herb. The herb has mild diuretic properties and relaxes the heart muscles.
How to use?
- Put one cup of water and 1 cup of milk in a pan.
- Add 1 teaspoon of arjuna tea and then stir the mixture.
- Boil the mixture and simmer it on low heat. Boil until it reduces to one cup.
- Strain the tea and add sweetener if needed (drink without sugar).
HOW CAN OUR ANGINA CARE PACK HELP YOU?
Ayurveda is nature’s gift to abundant health problems. Its natural herbs help relieve us of our health and medical conditions in a natural and healthy way. These herbs bring with them the inherent powers of nature to improve the immune system and help recover the body of all its ailments. The Ayurvedic principle works on the inherent powers of the herbs that have the ability to bring the three vital energies back into harmony. The restoration of balance of energies leads to proper functioning of the body system and the improvement in the working of the bone and joint system too.
Our Angina Care Pack is specifically designed and formulated to take care of your heart. We know that a healthy heart in a healthy body is the key to a healthy life. The herbs sued in this formulation are best suited to take care of your heart, its muscles, and blood vessels. Our Angina care pack helps relief pain, discomfort in breathing, and exertion. It relieves one of all the pain and anxiety.
We at Planet Ayurveda offer you a wide range of herbal supplements that take care of your health and life. Our formulations are 100% herbal and prepared after passing through a series of effective and stringent tests that assure their quality. We put in our best efforts to bring to you the best of herbs in their purest form. Our products are prepared under completely hygienic environments and the pass quality check before they reach you.