EFFECTIVE HERBS AND HERBAL SUPPLEMENTS FOR ALLERGIC BRONCHOPULMONARY ASPERGILLOSIS (ABPA)
|1.||Curcumin Capsules||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|2.||Praanrakshak Churna||1 Pack (200 gms)|
|3.||Bronco Plan Syrup||3 Bottle (200ml Each)|
|4.||Vasaka Capsules||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|5.||Brahmi Chyawanprash||1 Jar (500 gms)|
|6.||Tulsi Capsules||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
ABPA is also known as the allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis which is characterized by hyperbolic response of the immune system to a fungus known as Aspergillus. This condition is common in people with asthma or cystic fibrosis. This type of fungus exists in abundance in soil and it can be commonly found in the sputum of a healthy individual. This fungus is also responsible for a number of lung diseases like aspergillosis. It is a type of hypersensitivity reaction which occurs due to the colonization of the fungus in the lungs. This disease can be mostly found in people in their 30s to 50s and it is also common in children.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF ABPA
This disease is the result of an allergic reaction when a person is exposed to a fungus known as Aspergillus fumigatus or it can also occur due to the uncontrolled asthma.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS & SYMPTOMS OF ABPA
There are not much signs and symptoms only specific symptoms are present lik:
- Patients have a history of asthma
- They have wheezing which usually is periodic in nature
- Not able to do exercise it usually happens in patients with cystic fibrosis
- Presence of thick mucus plugs brown in color
- Recurrent lung infection
- Inflammation of the airway
HOW TO DIAGNOSE ABPA
The exact method for the diagnosis is not found out so different methods are used for the diagnosis of the ABPA disease.
- Blood test and serology – This test is done by exposing the skin by fungus and if there is immediate reaction it is a hallmark for the ABPA. This test is performed firstly by skin prick testing and if it comes negative then it is followed by an intradermal injection. Serum blood tests are also important for the diagnosis of ABPA. Increased levels of IgE increase the suspicion.
- Radiological investigations – There is marked level of consolidation and mucoid impaction. These are the most commonly found radiological features of the ABPA.
- Culture – Sputum culture shows spores of the fungi which is a supportive test for the diagnosis of ABPA.
TREATMENT OF ABPA FROM PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda is having a special ABPA Care Pack which is specially made for the treatment of the ABPA. This pack consists of the following medications:
LIST OF MEDICATIONS IN ABPA
- CURCUMIN CAPSULES
- PRAANRAKSHAK CHURNA
- BRONCO PLAN SYRUP
- VASAKA CAPSULES
- BRAHMI CHYAWANPRASH
- TULSI CAPSULES
1. CURCUMIN CAPSULES
These capsules consist of haridra (Curcuma longa). This herb is very effective for treating autoimmune disorders and is also effective for treating the allergic conditions of the body so this medication will be very helpful in this condition.
DOSAGE – 1 capsule twice daily with warm water.
2. PRAANRAKSHAK CHURNA
This medication is very beneficial for the conditions related to the lungs and throat. This medication consists of 7 ingredients which are
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR BENEFITS
- Shirish (Albizia lebbeck) – This herb is helpful for the problems like cold and cough.
- Vaasa (Adhatoda vasica) – This is really good expectorant and is good for the lungs.
- Anantmool (Tylophora asthmatica) – This herb is known to have anti-inflammatory properties and it also helps in treating auto-immune disorders and it also has antioxidant properties which will help in decreasing immune response of the body.
- Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanica) – This herb is used for the treatment of the flu and common cold-like symptoms which are present in the allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA).
- Bharangi (Clerodendrum serratum) – For this herb it is mentioned in the dhanvantari nighantu that it treats the conditions related to the kapha and respiratory disorders.
- Kantkari (Solanum xanthocarpum) – It is very good expectorant and used in treating the conditions related to the respiratory disorders.
- Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra) – This is the herb which is used for the lungs disorders and it is useful for the treatment of the chronic bronchial disorders, it also is helpful in boosting immunity and treating allergic conditions.
DOSAGE – 1 tsp twice daily with warm water.
3. BRONCO PLAN SYRUP
This syrup is used for the treatment of respiratory disorders which is made from the herbs which are recommended ayurvedic acharyas for the treatment of cough and cold. It will also be helpful in the treatment of allergies. It has mucolytic and expectorant properties it also reduces the bronchial mucosal irritation and bronchial spasms. It contains ingredients like:
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR BENEFITS
- Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) – Which is known to increase the immunity and treat respiratory disorders.
- Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra) – Which is helpful as an expectorant and can be used for the treatment of cough it will also increase the immunity of the patient against the fungal infection.
- Pippali (Piper longum) – This herb is having the hot potency which will help in the eliminating cough, digestion of aama (toxins) which help in treating the autoimmune disorders and it will also act as the catalyst for the other herbs to act.
- It also contains Maricha (Piper nigrum) – These are the medications which will increase the digestive fire and also act as the catalyst for the other medications.
- Kakrashring (Pistacia integerrima) – It is the best herb for treating lung disorders like chronic cough, allergic bronchitis and ABPA etc.
- Vaasaka (Adhatoda vasica) – It is the best expectorant and can be used for the treatment of the allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis as this decreases the production of mucus and works as a fine expectorant.
- Brihad ela (Amomum subulatum) – It is used for respiratory disease, when used with honey it helps in fighting with the cold, this also treats sinusitis.
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) – Charaka has mentioned this herb as kaashar (which provides relief from the cough) so this is used for respiratory conditions like ABPA.
- Haridra (Curcuma longa) – This herb is used to increase the immunity of a person and is able to treat allergic conditions.
- Sonth (Zingiber officinale) – It is a herb used in its dried form which is used to treat conditions like cough and cold, increase the metabolism, it is also used for the allergic conditions and treat autoimmune disorders.
- lavang (Syzygium armaticum) – This elevates cough and cold and also increases the immunity of a person and this has cold potency but is also good for lungs.
- Kaasmard (Cassia occidentalis) – Cleanses the throat, relieves pain. This has hot potency due to which it is able to treat lung disorders.
- Putiha (Mentha piperita) – This herb calms down the respiratory problems and provides relief from any discomfort of the throat due to cough.
- Nilgiri oil (Eucalyptus globulus) – It is very effective for the relief of nasal congestion and any mucus deposition in the respiratory tract; it also clears out the channels. It contains honey as its base which provides a sweet taste and also it is kashaya which clears out any mucus deposition in the respiratory tract and clears out tract.
DOSAGE – 2 tsp twice daily with warm water.
4. VASAKA CAPSULES
These capsules consist of vasaka (Adhatoda vasica) this herb is used for the respiratory disorders related to kapha and pitta and in allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis there is involvement of the kapha and pitta dosha. So these capsules are really effective for the treatment of any respiratory disease as most of the respiratory disorders are due to the involvement of kapha dosha.
DOSAGE – 1 capsule twice daily with warm water.
5. BRAHMI CHYAWANPRASH
This chyawanprash is used as a rejuvenating agent. This increases immunity and also treats psychological issues. This was used as a rasayan in older times as it contains many herbs which are beneficial for overall health of the body and boosts the immunity; strengthens the lungs and other systems of the body. It contains the following herbs like:
INGREDIENTS AND THEIR BENEFITS
- Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri) – This herb is known as medhya rasayan (rejuvenating agent for the mind). It increases alertness and maintains nervous system health. It helps in reducing the oxidative stress as it is a good antioxidant which is able to scavenge the free radicals.
- Dashmoola (roots of 10 herbs) – These herbs are very useful for the calming vata dosha in the body which will be able to treat many diseases, increase immunity and pain. It will calm down the nervous system and over all body.
- Bala – This herb has madhura vipaka (sweet taste after conversion which is used to strengthen the lungs and overall body. It helps in the elevation of the pains of the body.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) – This herb is effective for the immune system and helps to elevate the functions of the immune system. This is known as a very good rejuvenator which will maintain the healthy function of the body organs.
- Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri) – It is an herb that is effective in protecting the body from infections and is very effective in increasing the immunity of the body and also it increases metabolism of the body.
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) – It helps in reducing the toxins from the body and effect immunity. It also increases the immunity of the body to fight from the autoimmune disorders.
- Nagarmotha (Cyperus Rotundus) – This herb helps in removing the Ama (toxins) from the body and it also acts as appetizer and digestive herb due to which it will be helpful as an antioxidant and improves immunity and provides a rejuvenating effect.
- Jivanti (Leptadenia reticulata) – It is the herb which helps in stimulating or reducing the action of immune system molecules in the body.
- Punarnava (Boerhavia Diffusa) – This herb is responsible for eliminating the toxins and excess fluid from the body through the urine. It clears out the respiratory channels which are able to treat the disease.
- Jeerak (Cuminum cyminum) – This herb is also an appetizer and digestive which will help in digestion related issues.
- Rishbak (Microstylis wallichii) – It is a rejuvenating tonic and also an antioxidant which helps in scavenging the free radicals and cures many diseases.
- Vasaka (Adhatoda vasica) – This herb is very good expectorant and is able to strengthen the respiratory system and prevent it from respiratory diseases.
- Vidarikand (Pueraria tuberosa) – It is used for chest pain, fever etc. this is an immunity booster medication and also acts as a restorative tonic.
- Amla (phyllanthus emblica) – It is best for increasing immunity and it can relieve chronic asthma, cough and cold. It also improves the overall health of the patient.
- Chandan (Santalum album) – It is a cooling agent which provides healing effects to the lungs and other body organs. It is able to treat the diseases occurring from pitta.
- Choti elaichi (Elettaria cardamomum) – This herb aids in the digestion and also helps in the absorption of the food. It is also helpful for relieving pain in the body.
- Agar (Aquilaria Malaccensis) – It is an herb with anti-inflammatory properties which will help in relieving the inflammation and consolidation of the lungs.
- Karchur (Curcuma zedoaria) – It is used for the treatment of hoarseness of voice, cough, bad breath and fever. It has hot potency and penetrating power due to which it is able to treat conditions like ABPA.
- Rajat bhasma (silver calx) – It works as a natural painkiller and has anti-inflammatory action in the body. It balances the tridoshas of the body and keeps the body healthy.
- Akarara (Anacyclus pyrethrum) – Has antioxidant properties which removes the toxins from the body by its diuretic actions. It has antidepressant properties and also helps in enhancing the memory of a person.
- Pipali (Piper longum) – This herb is very effective in clearing out the channels like respiratory channels which aids in healthy respiration. It also helps in maintaining a good metabolism.
- Nagkesar (Mesua ferrea) – It is antioxidant, has hepatoprotective action, anti-inflammatory action, analgesic effects which are very helpful in keeping a person healthy.
- Dalchini (Cinnamomum verum) – About this herb ayurveda has mentioned that it is useful in peenas (rhinitis), runny nose and allergic rhinitis, amahara – relieves ama that is a product of indigestion and slow metabolism.
- Tejpata (Cinnamomum Tamala) – It is used in inflammation, kaasa (cough), runny nose, also used to provide strength to cardiac muscles and improves renal function.
- Lawang (Syzygium aromaticum) – This herb has decongestant, anti-allergic, immune stimulant, anti-inflammatory and digestive properties.
- Kesar (Crocus Sativus) – This herb is known to have effect on the immunity and acts as immunity booster.
DOSAGE – 1 tsp twice daily.
6. TULSI CAPSULES
It is also known as the “queen of herbs” it has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antitussive properties. It is also used for the treatment of asthma and helpful as an immuno-modulator. It helps in relieving pain and inflammation.
DOSAGE – 1 capsule twice daily.
These types of lung disorders or respiratory allergic disorders are very common. There are many treatments available for the lung disorders but the ayurvedic treatment is very effective and purely herbal which don’t have any side effects. Planet ayurveda also provides the best treatment for the ABPA. Planet ayurveda has a combination of medications which are very effective. We have provided the details of the medications and how these medications work on this disease.